Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:49 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: the pats

I'm dropping out of this one boyz , the season is over, can't wait to boycott another season 2018 if the kneeling during the National Anthem continues .
Old 02-12-2018, 10:23 PM

I have to join you. I watched the Giants opener in 2016 and a couple of last quarters of the playoffs, then the Super Bowl. This year ....I watched the last 5 -8 minutes of the Pats playoff game because I was standing in a bar and there were TV's everywhere. Couldn't leave. It's an Irish thing.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:38 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
I sense that the organization is in disarray. It started with sidelining defense Malcalm Butler with no explanation. Nearly losing McDaniel. Brady getting old. The team's cohesion is slipping away. On paper one would think this one game loss is not a significant read but these divisions are a bad sign.
And why the hell did they dump Garapolo? On his new team he won five straight, all that was left of the season. There was a lot of pissin and moanin when they traded him. That will come back and haunt the Pats next year. Votch! more disarray!
Old 02-14-2018, 11:51 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

The Garapolo affair was baffling, really seemed like a "cut off your nose to spite your face" type of move... and I saw no upside to it.

On the other hand, 5 games don't make a career, so it still has to be seen what happens. At this point, it looks like egg on the proverbial face of the org.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:52 PM
SS/Veteran

Yes, Rob, I agree. That is one reason why I think the Pats have run their course. What was once a great org has declined. Your never going to know what happened because the Pats fear the press like it was social disease. Boston media is very umpopular with the Pats org .... with no exception, Kraft, Belichick, Brady, coaching staff. You can see without actually knowing they dislike reporters. Also keep in mind that Boston press hostility toward Trump does not sit well with Pats high command. I don't want to drag politics into this but The Boston Globe is merciless when it comes to Trump. Read their columnists on a daily basis and, like the Washington Post, there is no balance in reporting. They nick Trump at every turn which creates a lot of hostility with that small minority who support him.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:15 PM

ut oh, trouble in brady land.

1-2!

How's Mama J doing with all this, Frank?
Old 09-24-2018, 04:25 PM
SS/Veteran

Like many Pats fans, Momma J is concerned with the team's decline. As I said in my February post, there appears to be a growing hostility within the org. This may be a source of the loss of esprit within the team. Belichick, Brady, Kraft and that trainer, Alex Gerrera, all tifting without public access to facts make any explanation of what is happening kind of evasive. Above mentioned despise the press as much as I do so they won't talk to them. I'm sure you know, Rob, that all we can do is watch the games and see how the season plays out. Momma J and I have a low expectation of the Pats seasonal outcome

The PM game between Miami and Oakland I was aghast at how dirty Oakland, the most penalized team in the league, played on the field. Every chance Oakland players had to shaft, nick or otherwise physically violate Miami players they did it. There were a lot penalty calls but that speaks nothing of what officials did not see.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:42 AM
Administrator

They need to now get some players other than Brady that can handle the ball. Granted as much as I dislike the Pats, they seem to like, even though it doesn't look like it, to start slow.

Time for a talent change.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:16 PM
SS/Veteran

You might think more of the Pats when they lose a game here and there which I think you are going to see more of this season. The Pats seem to be more in disarray than usual. When have you ever see them blow 2 out of 3 at the opener? Their dominance is over. Also, there is a building hostility between coaching, players and high management. I get this nagging sense that nobody cares on the Patriots team. Esprit is gone.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:55 PM
SS/Veteran

Father, I have to confess. As a Patriots fan I bet a friend who is hard core Pats fan that the Dolphins would win the game tomorrow. Forgive me but it is a win win deal for me. If the Pats loose I get money. If they win I will know they might be back on track.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:05 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Father, I have to confess. As a Patriots fan I bet a friend who is hard core Pats fan that the Dolphins would win the game tomorrow. Forgive me but it is a win win deal for me. If the Pats loose I get money. If they win I will know they might be back on track.
That's a good position, Merlin. Good weather, high spirits, home game. Air miles, Foxborough is about 25 miles; if the wind is east we can sometimes hear the crowd roar. I know that at 1:00 PM kickoff there is no local traffic and no place to park at the local gin mills. At least tomorrows Globe, aka Pravda, will have some real news to write about.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:03 PM
SS/Veteran

The Pats played well, especially against undefeated Miami. Of concern to many of us is having Gronk limp off the field and not come back. Edelman is coming back after serving his suspension so we will be breaking even in good receivers. Overall New England fans were a little down so this win is relief for them.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:14 AM

don't worry... somehow the pats will wind up 12-4, and be in the big game.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:51 AM
SS/Veteran

The only reading we deem as valid in The Boston Pravda is the sports pages. Momma J runs down in the dark to pick up the paper. The rest of the sheet is all political propaganda. I know you guys get the same crap from the NY Times and Washington Post. Funny, and I know I am crossing threads here, Trump, who I never cared about other than to vote against Hillary, turns out to be right about "fake news". They are so desperate for stuff to write about that they repeat stories. Sharks, sharks, sharks; the other one is bears. Take in your bird feeders buoys and curls!

Thursday nights game is a little too late for her and I though we might try to watch it at least first quarter.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:38 PM

So every time they seem to have some drama in the clubhouse along comes another player that we almost never heard of and boom, as star is born. Someone in that back office drafting / buying /trading office is really good at his job.
It's not about SB's, it's about Conference Championships. No body close.
Giant Fan