Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Maine & New Hampshire

Fishing - Maine & New Hampshire Maine & New Hampshire Fishing Reports and Information

Old 07-21-2003, 05:32 PM
SS/Veteran

I will be in this area in Aug and I am wondering if anyone can fill me in on fishing in this area.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:32 PM
SS/Veteran

I will be in this area in Aug and I am wondering if anyone can fill me in on fishing in this area.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:48 PM

Hi,

I rent a house on the coast of Brooklin each year at the end of the summer, when the rates drop. I can tell you that the ocean water is freezing, even in August.

I have also rented one in nearby Surry, and I was told that in the late summer mackeral may be running.

I didn't care at either place that I didn't catch anything; it's beautiful up there in August and September. Sunny, dry and no more black flies. I was there for July 4th, and it was unusually hot and humid.

If you've never been in that area before, check out the town of Blue Hill, for the atmosphere, and drive all the way south to Stonington for the sunsets and the lobster fishing.

Let me know how you like it.

Mark
Old 08-13-2003, 07:24 PM
SS/Veteran

Mark,

I came back on Sunday. I enjoyed it a lot. The stripers are not around but the mackeral were jumping out of the water begging to be caught on high tide. Lobstering was fantastic as well. The water are cold and the weather was very foggy. Like London in the fall.

I had great time and I will be back in few years.

Isaac
Old 08-14-2003, 11:28 AM

I spent last week in Kennebunkport. I fished Gooserocks beach day and night on the rising and falling tides. Very little action for 5 days. I used cut mackeral. Day 6 switched to clams and the bite was on!6 fish in the AM ( 20 - 28 inches )and 7 in the PM ( 25 - 30 ). And one fish at 5 PM on the line that had to be the biggest I have ever hooked .I've caught numerous in the 42-48 inch range but this was much bigger and certainly stronger, Unfortunately,like the amateur I am , I had the drag too tight and she broke off after about 10 minutes. I had visions of a record striper!!!!
Old 08-14-2003, 09:42 PM
SS/Veteran

How do you know it she and not he?
Old 08-15-2003, 09:39 AM

After reading Striper Surf all this time ,I have come to know that all the "biggies" are the breeders. Just ask Frank D.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:30 PM

It all sounds good. I hope the blues will be there in a week or 2 at Parson's Beach again.I might even try the Saco River. On the map, it looks like there's a good area at the mouth.

Anyone fish there, or should I just stay in KB?

Mark