Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Commercial - Recreational - Conservation Issues

Commercial - Recreational - Conservation Issues An open forum for the exchange of ideas and positions on current and proposed regulations in saltwater fishing and conservation.

Old 05-26-2007, 11:08 PM
SS/Insider

Default Where is Fish Picker?

I am just curious because he hasn't replied to any of the posts recently?
Just checking! I hope he's not curled up in the fetus position thinking about coming over to our side(the recs)anyway I hope all is well with him, I miss his one sided spin on things !!!!!!!!!
If you're out there give your adoring public a shout out every once in a while!
We appreciate your views on the commercial fishing perspective!
Old 05-31-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Where is Fish Picker?

He's busy terrorizing another site with anti-rec comments and endless circular logic. The good news is though that however much he bitches, the pots are still going bye-bye.

"As the son of a son of a sailor I went out on the sea for adventure"
Old 06-01-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVETOFISH View Post
The good news is though that however much he bitches, the pots are still going bye-bye.

Good News for the Reefs!
Old 06-03-2007, 06:27 AM
SS/Veteran

Fish Picker Has been a very very very busy boy as of late. Besides my regular duties of catching fish and diving I have been playing another role. Yes I have been involved in a lengthy debate on another site as the two post above have said.

As the two geniuses have said there is a Move to push Comm fishermen off of NJ Reefs. I no longer pot fish but I still fish around the reefs the reefs have become a very important part of my business. The sad sad part about this latest campaign is that it stems from falsehoods and greed. The RFA and JCAA mainly the RFA , have turned and twisted and Have refused to cooperate they want no compromise they just want it all for themselves.

I have found myself overwhelmed with this whole reef issue , I have been in Trenton a few times and I have to say our system is messed up totally broken and that is sad very sad.

Thank you for asking I stop in and check things out everyday I just haven't been saying much.

BTW I'm willing to bet that we'll still be fishing the reefs for years to come.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:30 PM

Yup, those greedy recs represented by those bastards at the RFA and JCAA. To think, they want access for the masses to the reefs that were built for and paid for by the rec sector. And don't worry Marty, I know your great theory that the 20 potters have paid taxes and that entitles them to as much access as the rec anglers who paid with private moneys, taxes and and additional 10% tax on fishing equipment.
Hell last I saw, your point is that those 20 potters have more rights to it than recs and should be allowed to create a situation where anglers using hook and line are shut out.

And then after spitting in the faces of those who offered an olive branch at the beginning you shout out to the heavens "We need a compromise."

Well here's an idea for you, we figure the total dollars spent on the reefs, then we figure out how much the potters have contributed from thier tax dollars (I figure that'd be something like .001% of the taxes paid) then give the potters every bit of the reefs that THIER dollars paid for, it ought to be an area the size of a postage stamp, maybe one reef ball.... they can pot there and only there, how about that.

That might be fair, but I'm with Jim D., Adam, Pete, Tom and the rest in saying "no deal, NO COMPROMISE."

Don't think we'll win, willing to bet on it? Well I'll say this, the number of recreational constituents for these congress-people greatly outnumbers the 20 potters and other associated commercial fishermen who have banded together to fight the end of potting on the artificial reefs (not commercial fishing as hook and line would be allowed) .

There may be 2 or 3 districts where the commercial industry has any appreciable number of voters, there's about 30 where rec interests overwhelmingly outnumber commercial, stand back and enjoy, the word is spreading, the democratic process in in action and the good of the many should overcome the shortsighted profit of a very few.

And as far as greed, what's greedier, 20 comms pushing to make sure they can profit at the expense of the general public or advocate groups that are working to ensure the public has access to the reefs while the rest of the ocean remains open to commercial effort?

Isn't there a lot of bottom out there, wrecks and rough bottom?

Why is the idea of not potting on the reefs so that the rest of the world has open access such a hard pill to swallow?

"As the son of a son of a sailor I went out on the sea for adventure"
Old 06-04-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Why is the idea of not potting on the reefs so that the rest of the world has open access such a hard pill to swallow?
Sounds like commie greed, but what do I know.... I'm a genius after all.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Cuz Picker needs to fill them boxes. It's his birthright!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:33 PM

Is there other structure, man made or otherwise that is fishable, by hooks or pots?