Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Delaware & Maryland

Fishing - Delaware & Maryland Delaware & Maryland Fishing Reports and Information

Old 11-14-2003, 04:55 PM

looking for some info on the area of turkeys point,i know it is to early for the stripes to be there,but i am wondering when this area heats up.a few years ago my friend and i were around this area and did very well,the promblem is,i can't remember what time of year it was,i never took note on it,and i wish i had.i remember it was still alittle chilly outside,in the pictures we have jackets on.been doing alot of fishing in jersey,and have not cought much.well any info would be a great help.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:55 PM

looking for some info on the area of turkeys point,i know it is to early for the stripes to be there,but i am wondering when this area heats up.a few years ago my friend and i were around this area and did very well,the promblem is,i can't remember what time of year it was,i never took note on it,and i wish i had.i remember it was still alittle chilly outside,in the pictures we have jackets on.been doing alot of fishing in jersey,and have not cought much.well any info would be a great help.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:59 PM
SS/Veteran

Hi Blue,

If you are talking about Turkey Point near North East MD., the really big stripers are there during spawning (March-May). A license is required and to fish the rocks there by land you must descend a steep cliff. I imagine small stripers are there all year round.

Also, until the season opens you cannot even target rockfish. There are many other rules and they can change at any time. If you go on the MD DNR website, they provide great info on the bay and there is an 800# you can call to check current regulations.

The Maryland Fishing Report is what you want, punch that in to a search engine and the link should come up on top.

Dou
Old 11-15-2003, 09:44 PM

thats the place,it is actually at fishermans park,at least i beleive that is what it is called.thanks for the info.will be trying there next year in march.last time there i got a 15lb,and my buddy gat a 20lb.that was my first striper,that was meny moons ago though,anyway thanks again.