Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:10 PM
Senior Fellow

Default Re: The press ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
To say nothing about Sara Huckerby getting kicked out of a Red Hen Swill joint for being a presidential aid. The press will go over, and over, and over, and over the separation of families but they don't want to talk about the senseless open hostility of toward a person who isjust doing a job for the wrong party.

I believe to my core that the Dems are creating an even more hostile environment for them to survive. Sure, the Dems have Boson, NY, but they have ZERO chance of re-election because the Dems and their press are on the wrong side of justice. These days I read the Globe, which is reprints of Washington Post and NY Times, more for entertainment. Industrial Grade, world class puke.
The Dems are almost unrecognizable and certainly nothing like those of the 50s, 60s, 70s and part of the 80s. They have no platform, no positive message and seem to be digging a deeper hole almost on a daily basis. This next SCOTUS appointee may be the thing to drive them to the streets in fits of rage.....where they will flaunt their pu$$y caps and whine like orphaned puppies. If they are to recover they need to find some leadership. Both parties suck, IMO, but the desperation on part of the Dems is almost surreal. For a party that is typically very well organized on many local levels they are collectively a train wreck.

"You fish --- then you die --- or you don't fish and die anyway --- your choice"
Old 06-29-2018, 10:09 AM
SS/Veteran

I agree, Al, it is not so much many of us favor the conservative agenda but the liberals lack direction and leadership. I also think having the Press on your side is a detrament to public support. People don't like the press and commonly express contempt for them. Its just another case of not wanting someone or something on your side because it hurts your position. I love reading the paper because I derive some vicarious joy in seeing them advance Trump. Funny how things go: I voted for Trump because I didn't want Hillery. Now I support that crude son of a bitch. The press has put me in the Trump camp.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:43 AM
SS/Veteran

Just read that over 300,000 newspaper related jobs have been dropped nationally. and 300 papers have closed. I guess the entire print media industry is tanking. Field and Stream is down to six times per year and Outdoor Life is down to four. I love F&S and OL but I despise the newspapers for political bias and what was done to me over the dog thing. I know that the Boston Globe is getting smaller and smaller and relying more and more on fake stories. Each season they do the same shit on ticks twice -- the number is increasing, later the lime disease is killing more people, over and over, over and over. Nobody trusts President Trump but the SOB was right.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:17 AM

My local newspaper, which I cancelled years ago, has gone so far to the left it is disgusting.......ran a front page story.... day before July 4...emphasizing that we should be ashamed of our country and all the bad things we have done and that being patriotic is hypocrisy. Everyday they print one sided editorials bashing the president and no space given to opposing viewpoints. I am too old to be brainwashed by "fake news". Time magazine claims that Trump wants to become "king"...... obviously a lie.
A lot of people are repeating the lie that Trump said "all mexicans are rapists and murderers" ....stupid people hear it repeated enough that they believe it is true.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:40 AM
SS/Veteran

speaking of the Donald ...hoping Time Life Magazine comes out with a DVD addition of Trump's prep rally's @ those airport hangers . You know the ones like Red Skelton, Johnny Carson & the Dean Martin celebrity roasts . Alot of his one liners are pretty funny & true ...well most
Old 07-11-2018, 11:47 AM

"A lie can travel around the world before the truth can put it's pants on"...Winston Churchill or Mark Twain... I'm not sure...but I agree.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:48 AM
SS/Veteran

The loss of balanced reporting in newspapers is hurting their public opinions. People don't trust the newspapers any more. They jump on a story for the purpose of creating copy to the point of being frantic. They are responding to their perceived needs by actually making it worse.

The contacts in my area to whom I am exposed believe that press bias is going to get Trump reelected. Also there is the hope that Pocahontis runs for president because, like Hillary, she can't win. Also the genderization of politics is bad. With a few exceptions, women want a woman in the Whitehouse which is not a good reason to vote for someone.

Suppose a Democrat gets elected president next election. Will it be our turn to wreck store fronts? I know we did not riot in the streets, nor damage innocent business properties when Obama was elected.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:05 PM
Senior Fellow, SS/Platinum, SS/Insider, Team SS

Hate from the left has no bounds...

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Education does not guarantee intelligence.

Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:51 PM
SS/Veteran

And there were more Super Bowl arrests in Boston than in Philadelphia. What a stereotype the media portrays our country .
Old 07-12-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
I agree, Al, it is not so much many of us favor the conservative agenda but the liberals lack direction and leadership. I also think having the Press on your side is a detrament to public support. People don't like the press and commonly express contempt for them. Its just another case of not wanting someone or something on your side because it hurts your position. I love reading the paper because I derive some vicarious joy in seeing them advance Trump. Funny how things go: I voted for Trump because I didn't want Hillery. Now I support that crude son of a bitch. The press has put me in the Trump camp.
"He fights"...I think Pat Buchanan said it first.