Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > OBX and the Carolinas

OBX and the Carolinas The Outer Banks and all places North and South

Old 07-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Senior Fellow

Default NCBBA Red Drum Tourney

For those of you who haven't experienced the tug of a big drum on your line there is a great opportunity in October. The North Carolina Beach Buggy Association will be hosting up to 300 anglers for a three day, around the clock tournament beginning on Oct 19.
The park service opens beaches that are normally closed that time of year to accommodate the "grandfathered" tourney. I'm not sure of the total number of citation drum caught last year but I know that I measured 4 in one six hour judging session, including two of three caught by three generations of one family.
If you want to try a different venue, get a group together to come to Hatteras or just enjoy meeting a great bunch of folks from across the country who join us at the Outer Banks for this tourney.
I wish I could provide some reports of my own but cottage repairs have limited my fishing to only two trips this year so far. I'm clearing my plate to hit it hard this fall.... my favorite time to hit our NC beaches.
This is not a shameless solicitation but a heads' up for my northeast fishing buddies who I know would really enjoy the fun. Check it out at the NCBBA website for details and com'n down!

"You fish --- then you die --- or you don't fish and die anyway --- your choice"