Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:31 PM

Default Daytime beach fishing access??

I have a couple of days off this week and would like to get back down to the beach and see if I can catch some more of the action that went on this weekend. It was a bloody zoo this weekend, but it sure was nice out there.

I may be able to get down for civil twilight and fish until 9:00 am, but with the high tide near 11:30 am, I am thinking of finding a beach that allows fishing without having to drive down to IBSP. I will have my wife, 3.5 year old and a 10 month old because they want to see what the craze is . I doubt she will want to leave at 3:00 to get to the beach and start fishing in the dark, so I am thinking more of a late morning for them.

I know Memorial Day usually starts the beach charging/regulations phase, and since I am not too familiar with all of these summer areas, I was hoping for some quick help. Before the beach replenishment, I used to frequent Long Branch, Bradley, Belmar and Bay Head. Lately my surf fishing has primarily been Bay Head, Seaside Park and IBSP. I have never been to Sandy Hook, but I would hate to go there and not be able to fish?

Are there any GOOD beaches that one can take his family for a couple of hours of fishing fun? I would appreciate any information as it will save me time of having to drive the coast and find some access. It would not be a bad thing in the fall, but with the little ones and the Mrs., I would be better off getting a Frontal Lobotomy: eek:.

Thanks in Advance,

Scott
Old 05-30-2006, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Daytime beach fishing access??

Lavellette for a couple more weeks you wont need a badge to get on during the day stay near the jettys as threres usally clam beds right aorund them picked up a nice blue there today
Old 05-31-2006, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Daytime beach fishing access??

Thank you for the tip. I used to surf all of those beaches as a kid, so we were out of the water by 9:00 when the badges were required. I did not know about fishing to much so I figured I would ask.

Scott