Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 11-02-2007, 04:20 PM

Red face New Member Going To Ibsp Tonite 4 Weekend

I Am A New Member And Only 2yr Exp Surfisher Woman Have Been To Ibsp For 2 Yrs Now But I Still Have So Much To Learn About Surfishing. I'm Going To Ibsp Tonite And Looking For Some Tips About Tackle, Bait, Hot Spots, What Is The Favorable Conditions Like Wind Dir Water Temp, N Or S Of Hole, Double Bottom Or Circle Hook, Hook Size, Weights, Clams, Poppers, Technique, Etc.

If Anyone Could Help Me Out Would Be Great!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 04:31 PM
SS/Insider, Team SS

Default Re: New Member Going To Ibsp Tonite 4 Weekend

More than likely conditions will be tough tonite and tomorrow tossing metals like hopkins may be the way to go. Don't worry about how far the cast is bass can and will be in the wash. If you can hold bottom with 8 oz or less then clams will work too. Hi lo rig.

Good Luck

I hope to be able to go in the am at least to take a try

and Family 04,05,06,07,08

Last edited by silverfox : 11-02-2007 at 04:32 PM. Reason: sp
Old 11-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Moderator,Team SS 04-08

Welcome Phish,
I got stuck working a double shift today, and have to be back in at 11 PM, or I would give a better answer... Expect snotty conditions tonite and tommorow, high ENE winds, rough surf, and rain. Today would have been great conditions, start of a NE blow, but I couldn't take advantage of it...
For a quick lesson, stop at Grumpy's, the blue place on the left just after passing the only traffic light in Seaside Park. Explain your situation and ask them your questions. They will give the straight poop on whats going on, and advise you about what tackle you might need, without trying to sell you the entire store...
If you go out tonite or tomorrow, be carefull out there. That surf can really kick up. Remember, there is no fish worth getting injured over.
Good luck, and I hope you enjoy!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishfood View Post
I Am A New Member And Only 2yr Exp Surfisher Woman Have Been To Ibsp For 2 Yrs Now But I Still Have So Much To Learn About Surfishing. I'm Going To Ibsp Tonite And Looking For Some Tips About Tackle, Bait, Hot Spots, What Is The Favorable Conditions Like Wind Dir Water Temp, N Or S Of Hole, Double Bottom Or Circle Hook, Hook Size, Weights, Clams, Poppers, Technique, Etc.

If Anyone Could Help Me Out Would Be Great!!!
call ahead IBSP is closed except from area 23 on down go to guppie site thats where i saw the news,its going to be dangerous out there tonight
Old 11-02-2007, 09:30 PM
SS/Veteran

Stay home bro, you are just wasting your time.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:08 PM
SS/Veteran

I hope this helps each and every one to decide if it's worth it or not, please for gods sake don't fish IBSP tonight , as a matter of fact they closed off Gillikins and area 7 south, 23 south was left open, this was at low tide, I would guess it'll be closed at high tide tonight as well.
north of area 7 be careful there is a 2 1/2 -3 foot drop, water was almost up to the dumes before the wind picked up at 3 PM .
use common sense when fishing , be carefull the currents are rough.
The fish are most certainly here, But Like Rags said, It's not woth a fish .
Here are a few videos I took today, wind was blowing only 10-15
Go in the morning when you can see where and what your getting in to as far as the ocean, it's mean and angry tonight .

Old 11-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Thumbs down Re: New Member Going To Ibsp Tonite 4 Weekend

I fished the park tonight for 2 hours. Stiff NE wind but 8oz was holding and the water was still clean. Not a tap Saw 3 trucks between A23 and the jetty.

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 11-03-2007, 08:25 AM
SS/Veteran

i was planning on it but didnt make the trip saw guppies site and stayed in i guess i didnt miss much but by the looks of grumpys site there were alot o nice fish caught but that was as of 8pm so im sure iwould have missed it anyway.......ill be ther sunday for sure thinkin in the morn still undecied about it though the tide looks good in the morn
Old 11-03-2007, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin420 View Post
i was planning on it but didnt make the trip saw guppies site and stayed in i guess i didnt miss much but by the looks of grumpys site there were alot o nice fish caught but that was as of 8pm so im sure iwould have missed it anyway.......ill be ther sunday for sure thinkin in the morn still undecied about it though the tide looks good in the morn
in between piers was hot w/snotballs and south side of jetties in LAV. too
ponytail info as well as crazy george at the dock

Last edited by manhandies : 11-03-2007 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling boo boo
Old 11-03-2007, 10:03 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin420 View Post
Grumpys weigh in were all caught the night before and early in the morning before the wind picked up.
Most fishwere caught north of Seaside Park ?
Island Beach just had to much shallow water, you had to walk out pretty far to cast to the deeper water, which was impossible with the wind,
5 AM- 2 PM was fishable, once the wind picked up, a 10 oz sinker would walk.
For the past 4 days before this bad weather it was a nite bite for the most part, the ones who had the time to weigh the fish in stuck around for it till the bait shops opened.
Remember never sit around waiting for the reports, just get out and fish if you feel the conditions are good.
IMHP it was not fishable yesterday.
Maybe to some anglers it was fishable, some can out fish me with winds 25-30.