Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:07 PM

Smile knots

I've been asking a lot of questions lately. I'm kind of new at surf fishing. Years ago did blackfishing from the jetties. Back to the surf. Bought a TICA 9' Dolphin 1-3oz and matched it up with a Quantum Cabo PT 40 with 20lb braided line, yesterday. Took it out today, no fish, but enjoyed casting it.

Do I use a perfection loop on the teaser line to connect with the dropper loop? Learning all these knots. Lots of fun.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Team SS '08,SS/Insider

Default Re: knots

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurstclay View Post

Do I use a perfection loop on the teaser line to connect with the dropper loop? Learning all these knots. Lots of fun.
If you want to be able to change teasers quickly that will work fine. The perfection loop is what I use for my fly leaders. When I fish teasers the dropper loop is where I connect to my main line then the short tag is were I tie the teaser.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:23 PM

A lot of folks do, since it can make changing or replacing the teaser easier.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:29 PM

Thanks. Just as I thought
Old 11-24-2008, 06:29 AM
SS/Veteran

Yes thats a good knot.
Thats a good way to present the teaser. Do not tie the dropper loop too small. Some times when I am not getting hit I will take off the teaser leader and loop the teaser right off the dropper loop (when no blue present). It provides less visual 'mess'. Sometimes it works.

Another tip is to tie the teaser to your short teaser leader using a Loop Knot instead of a clinch or something. This allows the teaser 'dangle' and therefore to swim striaght instead of being 'dragged' along. Its often the little things
Old 11-25-2008, 12:24 PM

I just got into using teasers and I use a ball bearing swivel and attach the teaser to about a foot of line with a palomar knot and right next to it, attach the plug with about 3-4 ft. of mono with another palomar knot. THen tie that rig to your main line and youre good to go. Seems to me the easiest of the ways to do it, that could just because I am slow with dropper loops. Haven't bagged any fish on it yet, but have definitely seen some solid hookups on the set up. Enjoy