Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 10-09-2017, 08:24 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Sept. & October Fishing Reports 2017

I was on the verge of having a yard sale, but things might be starting to liven up a bit. I actually witnessed fish being caught a couple of albies, blues, and bass I did manage two blues, NOT snappers, NOT taylors, but actual pencil inhaleing, popper stealing blues. Bluesrule, sorry for your loss
Old 10-10-2017, 01:05 AM
Senior Member Team SS

WTG Blazin

vinny@stripersurf.com
Old 10-10-2017, 10:13 AM
SS/Insider

Exclamation Re: Sept. & October Fishing Reports 2017

Hey Bay, thanks for the condolences. Two nice plugs, too. Damn.
TO ALL SANDY HOOK FISHERMEN:
You may or may not have heard that the Rip will be closed again for dredging, and you've probably guessed by now that it will happen RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FALL RUN (Oct. 15th).
The Bug Light has been closed bc the Coast Guard was pissed about a guy trespassing on their property.
North Beach and The Rip (false hook) are closed every spring for the birds.

If you are frustrated that the Hook is quickly becoming off limits to fishermen, please make a phone call to Congressman Frank Pallone's office in Long Branch at 732-571-1140.

A lot of us spend a lot of money on gas, food and tackle in the Sandy Hook area, in addition to the $50 night pass. Please make this point. Ask why dredging has to take place in the middle of the fall run. Ask why the Bug Light is closed to all because of the stupidity of one or two people.

You might think it's useless, but it's worth a shot. Congressman Pallone successfully had the Bug Light area reopened when this happened years ago, and it was supposed to be PERMANENT.

Gotta make some noise.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Senior Fellow

basic Oct fishing day in NJ; handful of small tog, one small sea bass and one snapper; all in same spot on same bait in about 45 min; going to Lavalette at dawn tomorrow; need to fish the surf
Old 10-10-2017, 08:25 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesrule View Post
Hey Bay, thanks for the condolences. Two nice plugs, too. Damn.
TO ALL SANDY HOOK FISHERMEN:
You may or may not have heard that the Rip will be closed again for dredging, and you've probably guessed by now that it will happen RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FALL RUN (Oct. 15th).
The Bug Light has been closed bc the Coast Guard was pissed about a guy trespassing on their property.
North Beach and The Rip (false hook) are closed every spring for the birds.

If you are frustrated that the Hook is quickly becoming off limits to fishermen, please make a phone call to Congressman Frank Pallone's office in Long Branch at 732-571-1140.

A lot of us spend a lot of money on gas, food and tackle in the Sandy Hook area, in addition to the $50 night pass. Please make this point. Ask why dredging has to take place in the middle of the fall run. Ask why the Bug Light is closed to all because of the stupidity of one or two people.

You might think it's useless, but it's worth a shot. Congressman Pallone successfully had the Bug Light area reopened when this happened years ago, and it was supposed to be PERMANENT.

Gotta make some noise.
Thank you Jimmy for the number, it's time to make some noise, hopefully it's not too late
Old 10-10-2017, 08:33 PM

3 shorts and 2 blues both loving my green teaser
Old 10-11-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayyaker View Post
Thank you Jimmy for the number, it's time to make some noise, hopefully it's not too late
I called today....was respectfully listened to by the gentleman on the phone....one voice can't make a difference guys....call up even if u don't walk that stretch....
Old 10-11-2017, 10:09 AM

Yesterday first time this fall on the beach. The water out front MoCo felt too warm but why not try. Mid afternoon a couple hours into the dropping tide picked up two football size shorts near the wash. They were only interested in an Ava. Lots of small bait around. Water crystal clear.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:11 AM
SS/Insider

Thumbs up Re: Sept. & October Fishing Reports 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettyjmpr View Post
I called today....was respectfully listened to by the gentleman on the phone....one voice can't make a difference guys....call up even if u don't walk that stretch....
Great! Thanks for calling!
Old 10-11-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
No thank you For your proactivity and providing the information I may not live in the Atlantic Highlands But Jesus Christ fishing sucks enough to lose more and more locations to hunt...its annoying
Old 10-11-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I also mentioned some of your information on a neighboring website I'm sure a lot of you know the one and there's a lot more people who would be willing to voice their opinion
Old 10-11-2017, 03:31 PM
SS/Insider

Various spots in Monco last night from midnight til 4 am. Two of us plugging with only 2 dinks caught by my partner I didn't even get a tap.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:08 PM
SS/Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettyjmpr View Post
I also mentioned some of your information on a neighboring website I'm sure a lot of you know the one and there's a lot more people who would be willing to voice their opinion
Fantastic.
Guys, even if you rarely get to the Hook, it's important for recreational fishermen to stand up. Take a few minutes to make a phone call if you can. With jetties disappearing, more private beaches and private roads etc up and down the coast, we have to make sure that places that are supposed to be open to the public (LIKE NATIONAL AND STATE PARKS) are not chipped away.
Sorry to keep making the same point. Hope everyone has a great fall run.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:16 PM

Moco: Out front in the middle of the day just before high tide. There was a light east wind with a choppy surface and knee high swell that created a nice trough at the edge. I was looking for alberts but saw a crowd chasing them to my left so I stayed put hoping they would come my way. No Albies, but while I varied my retrieve I caught half a dozen stripes, six large sea robins and near a dozen short fluke. All on a hammered spoon and yellow teaser. Every cast that didn't produce a fish had a small baby mole crab pierced on the single bucktail hook on the hammered spoon. The small stripes wee running the trough eating the mole crabs. I'm guessing the fluke and robins were doing the same
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2017, 10:39 PM
SS/Veteran

Late for the show again today, but did manage a fluke on one of my teasers.