Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 10-01-2011, 05:34 AM
Administrator

Default October Fishing Reports 2011

Post them up!

As much or little info as you like to share.
Pictures are always welcome.

More info on the NJ regulations can be found here - - > http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2011/maregsum11.pdf

2011 Federal Recreational Regulations for Minimum Size, Possession Limits and Seasons - - > http://www.eregulations.com/newjerse...ederal-limits/

New Jersey State Record Saltwater Fish - -> http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/recfish-salt.htm

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:40 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Default Re: October Fishing Reports 2011

Well heading to Bermuda and was hoping to post a semi tropical report, but while it looks like the hurricanes will miss, there will still be 15-20 mph+ winds the 3 days we'll be there... so the flats charter I tentively setup will likely not happen (not going to spend $$ for sight fishing when one can't see much )

Still bringing a fly rod down with me just in case... I may do an early morning / evening.. though not much info is available, there are apparently a lot of catchable fish from the surf.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:19 PM
SS/Veteran

Nice rob have a good trip...and get some pics of the fish there if ya can!!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Senior Fellow, Team SS 04/05/06/07/08 / Forum Member Watcher

Yawn...still plenty of small blues at IBSP Sat AM

Have you clicked on the Google banner today? C'mon...you know you want to.

I'm not just a Fishermen, I'm the fishin magician!
^^^Unauthorized signature edit by grumpy old men.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N View Post
Yawn...still plenty of small blues at IBSP Sat AM
2x
And the big rays are still around.

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:18 PM

RobS wrote:
""Still bringing a fly rod down with me just in case... I may do an early morning / evening.. though not much info is available, there are apparently a lot of catchable fish from the surf.""
Bermuda is the Montauk of the South, all those currents converging should make for some good fishing... Have a good time.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Senior Member Team SS

Have Fun Rob

vinny@stripersurf.com
Old 10-01-2011, 08:56 PM
SS/Veteran

Fished the hook from noon till 6pm. Had the whole outgoing tide with some good water moving. I brought the baitcaster with me, couldn't throw any light stuff with the wind in my face so i decided to throw bucktails the whole time I managed to pick three shorts out of the wash using a 2oz bucktail topped with some red/white pork . Very little bait in the wash , gonna hit the outgoing tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:41 PM

Hit the hook too this afternoon for a few hrs. Took a walk to the bug light and back around to the front just as the rain set in. There was some bait around but nothing on it. As bayyaker said, the water was sweeping pretty good. Only managed a couple short hits on rubber. Nothing landed. I believe i came up on your left bayyaker near the rip just as the rain started. Saw a guy land a short with a baitcaster and bucktail. 33 hemi!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:30 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33hemi View Post
Hit the hook too this afternoon for a few hrs. Took a walk to the bug light and back around to the front just as the rain set in. There was some bait around but nothing on it. As bayyaker said, the water was sweeping pretty good. Only managed a couple short hits on rubber. Nothing landed. I believe i came up on your left bayyaker near the rip just as the rain started. Saw a guy land a short with a baitcaster and bucktail. 33 hemi!
Took me about four hrs to pick three shorts out of that hole.I stayed for a while after the rain came down, didn't get anymore takers. That's my fav. bucktailing spotSurprised you didn't get any takers on the other side, it's usually good durning the outgoing.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:55 PM

Hit the hook 12-4pm from the rip down to bug light saw lots of bait but nothing was chancing it. The water temps seemed to be starting to drop which is nice to see.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:55 PM
SS/Veteran

Fished the hook from 4-8. the only thing i seen beached with any size was a 20' center console As last cast stated, alot of bait going out with the tide, BIG bait. Looked like adult bunker i don't think it was herring, i threw everything at them with a teaser and the fly fisherman couldn't hookup either. the only thing i caught was a stargazer after dark on a rubber eel
i think i just found my Halloween mask
Old 10-03-2011, 08:48 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayyaker View Post
Fished the hook from 4-8. the only thing i seen beached with any size was a 20' center console As last cast stated, alot of bait going out with the tide, BIG bait. Looked like adult bunker i don't think it was herring, i threw everything at them with a teaser and the fly fisherman couldn't hookup either. the only thing i caught was a stargazer after dark on a rubber eel
i think i just found my Halloween mask
Prob adult bunker saw them last Tues huge school just out of range....With all this bait around its got to blow up soon....Youll scare the crap out of everyone with that halloween mask...They r definitly 1 of the uglyest of mother natures creations...Headed out tomorrow just cant decide on am or pm...maybe both
Old 10-03-2011, 10:37 AM
SS/Insider, Team SS

After some Bronco issues managed to get the grandkids to the beach to fish the Gov's Tournament. Strong southerly winds and low tide to start. Needed 8 oz to hold which did not work out to well with the rods for the kids. Had the older ones tossing metal. We ended the day with on 12 in blue. Dissapointing but the kids had a blast anyway. We did not hang around to find out what fish were caught to win. We will be back next year.

and Family 04,05,06,07,08
Old 10-03-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Post them up!

As much or little info as you like to share.
Pictures are always welcome.

More info on the NJ regulations can be found here - - > http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2011/maregsum11.pdf

2011 Federal Recreational Regulations for Minimum Size, Possession Limits and Seasons - - > http://www.eregulations.com/newjerse...ederal-limits/

New Jersey State Record Saltwater Fish - -> http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/recfish-salt.htm
Went to LBI this weekend, tried to go out on the Miss Beach Haven on Saturday but the Capt cancelled since there were only three of us, so we went to Jingles for surf fishing bait, then the weather cleared and it was near 80 degrees, fishing off the beach caught a weakfish, several kingfish, a fluke, and a small bluefish. So many people came out, it looked like summer. Water was in the 70's and people were swimming.