Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > The Frat House > The Mudhole

The Mudhole "The Mudhole" - This is the place for any area of discussion; National & World Events, Mud Slinging and Politics.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Publisher, StriperSurf

Exclamation Hackers break into Sarah Palin's e-mail account

Hackers break into Sarah Palin's e-mail account

By TED BRIDIS, AP Wed Sep 17

WASHINGTON - Hackers broke into the Yahoo! e-mail account that Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin used for official business as Alaska's governor, revealing as evidence a few inconsequential personal messages she has received since John McCain selected her as his running mate.

"This is a shocking invasion of the governor's privacy and a violation of law. The matter has been turned over to the appropriate authorities and we hope that anyone in possession of these e-mails will destroy them," the McCain campaign said in a statement.

The Secret Service contacted The Associated Press on Wednesday and asked for copies of the leaked e-mails, which circulated widely on the Internet. The AP did not comply.

The disclosure Wednesday raises new questions about the propriety of the Palin administration's use of nongovernment e-mail accounts to conduct state business. The practice was revealed months ago ? prior to Palin's selection as a vice presidential candidate ? after political critics obtained internal e-mails documenting the practice by some aides.

One person whose e-mail to Palin apparently was among those disclosed, Amy B. McCorkell, declined to discuss her correspondence. "I do not know anything about it," McCorkell said. "I'm not giving you any comment." Wired.com said McCorkell later confirmed that she did send the e-mail to Palin.

Another of the e-mails apparently revealed Wednesday was an exchange in July with Alaska Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell discussing a talk show host who had been critical of Parnell. Parnell declined to discuss the matter.

Palin herself used "gov.sarah" in one of her e-mail addresses, but the hackers targeted her "gov.palin" account. Her husband used "fek9wnr" in his address. "Fe" is the representation for iron, and "k9" is an abbreviation for canine. Todd Palin was the winner of the grueling Iron Dog snowmobile race, and "fek9wnr" also is Todd Palin's vehicle license tag in Alaska.

It wasn't immediately clear how hackers broke into Palin's Yahoo! account, but it would have been possible to trick the service into revealing her password knowing personal details about Palin that include her birthdate and ZIP code. A hacker also might have sent a forged e-mail to her account tricking her into revealing her own password.

McCorkell was appointed by Palin to an advisory board on issues involving alcohol and drug abuse. One of the leaked e-mails suggested McCorkell wrote to Palin on Sunday to say she was praying for Palin. "Don't let the negative press get you down!" the message said.

-----------------------------------------
Just about everyone I know has a Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, etc account that they use at work to maintain their privacy and bypass their employers ability to snoop. I bet NJ's Gov. Jon Corzine wishes he had used a Yahoo email address.

The thing I don't understand is the refusal of Associated Press to provide the Secret Service with copies of the emails. That is confusing.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:42 AM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Hackers break into Sarah Palin's e-mail account

The thing I don't understand is the Gov using yahoo for official state business. STH is that about? Will she use a hackable email account if she gets to the WH?

This actually has become a fairly widespread thing since the Bushies decided that they couldn't refuse to turn over their "official" emails (from their WH accounts) forever.

Got no reason why AP wouldn't turn them over, but I bet they contain some interesting stuff!

Old 09-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Publisher, StriperSurf

It doesn't sound like it was really "official" email, more like everyone in an office job uses these free accounts for private discussions.

Anyone can have a totally private and secure email account if they create a "web address" and rent web space. My email address here on StriperSurf is much more secure than my account with Comcast.

Here's what you do.......

Buy the web address "www.delusionalliberal.us [ it is available ]

Rent server space from any web hosting company, its cheap. Set up your email account: "chuckles@delusionalliberal.us" and you're in business.

To secure it 100% you can use encryption or get a certificate.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:22 AM
SS/Veteran

har-dee-har-har

Old 09-18-2008, 10:52 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

It's amazing how much hate there is for the GOP among the delusional liberal .com's
Old 09-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob D'Amico View Post

Here's what you do.......

Buy the web address "www.delusionalliberal.us [ it is available ]

Rent server space from any web hosting company, its cheap. Set up your email account: "chuckles@delusionalliberal.us" and you're in business.

To secure it 100% you can use encryption or get a certificate.

NOW, That was funny...........
Old 09-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Senior Fellow, SS/Platinum, SS/Insider, Team SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Laniewski View Post
NOW, That was funny...........

............ ...
I still say Chuck has the hots for her but he won’t admit it and he may be the hacker.

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Education does not guarantee intelligence.

Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Publisher, StriperSurf

Question Re: Hackers break into Sarah Palin's e-mail account

Chuck you want me to get you "www.delusionalliberal.us.com" I'll even host you for free on my dedicated server and it will be 100% private. I can even set up blogging software such as WordPress for you so you can take on that beotch Huffington and make the big bucks.