Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > OBX and the Carolinas

OBX and the Carolinas The Outer Banks and all places North and South

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2017, 11:36 AM
Senior Fellow

Default Fall Tourney Time

There are quite a few boat fishing tournaments going on through the summer but the majority of the surf tourneys start in Sept and continue into November. Our NCBBA Red Drum Tournament is Oct 25-28th on Hatteras. It is the event that drove me to get more involved with NCBBA more then any other single thing. Although I have come to appreciate all of the other things we do as an Association the tournament is still a highlight for me. The one limiting factor is that it runs for 60 hours continuous and I believe that makes it difficult for many who would like to fish it. If you are traveling any distance it pretty much requires a 4-5 day commitment.

That being said I wonder if the very thing I like most about our RDT is what makes it difficult for others. To me 3-4 days of round the clock beach adventure, on the beach of your choice, with friends is tough to beat. I'm interested in feedback on the format and duration to see if there is something we may be overlooking. Like I said, beginning shortly there will be a number of terrific surf tournaments, team, individual, open, invitational, one day to 3 day. Do you fish tournaments and if so what is your preferred format?

We have openings for the NCBBA Red Drum Tournament in October. If you're interested go to the website and sign up. It is a great time. If your schedule does not allow you may want to consider some of the other upcoming tournaments on the Outer Banks. There are enough different venues, formats and dates to satisfy different appetites.

Cheers,

"You fish --- then you die --- or you don't fish and die anyway --- your choice"