Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 05-27-2004, 10:01 PM

during the tournament last week about 11 am i was really getting frustrated.. i was right around A-10 and was only getting about half way to where i wanted to be. on or at leat near that outter bar that was god knows how far out there.
i wasn't catching anything in close.. so i concentrated on technique since... it was obvious i wasn't going to run out of bait.

Really started to get into form with the OTB cast that i've used fer years and which is veyr similar to what's up on here.
By noon i'd broken two rigs off and had the notches in my index finger. was still short of the bar i wanted.
by 1230.. i was down to the back up rod.. the other two were hopelessly knotted up... but with my lil 1989 model hatteras bought finger gaurd i was able to start putting the bait out on the bar.. then a lil over it. out there in and over the outter breakers.. i was so proud of myself i wanted a cold one!

just a lil bit of practice and attention to techinique and i got there.. thanks to the remider and the pictures on the site fellas

Ps... there were no fish out on the other side of the bar where i was at either.. but it felt good to get there juust in case
Old 05-27-2004, 10:01 PM

during the tournament last week about 11 am i was really getting frustrated.. i was right around A-10 and was only getting about half way to where i wanted to be. on or at leat near that outter bar that was god knows how far out there.
i wasn't catching anything in close.. so i concentrated on technique since... it was obvious i wasn't going to run out of bait.

Really started to get into form with the OTB cast that i've used fer years and which is veyr similar to what's up on here.
By noon i'd broken two rigs off and had the notches in my index finger. was still short of the bar i wanted.
by 1230.. i was down to the back up rod.. the other two were hopelessly knotted up... but with my lil 1989 model hatteras bought finger gaurd i was able to start putting the bait out on the bar.. then a lil over it. out there in and over the outter breakers.. i was so proud of myself i wanted a cold one!

just a lil bit of practice and attention to techinique and i got there.. thanks to the remider and the pictures on the site fellas

Ps... there were no fish out on the other side of the bar where i was at either.. but it felt good to get there juust in case
Old 05-28-2004, 09:36 PM

Gotta love them leather finger guards.
Don't leave home without one!
Old 05-28-2004, 10:38 PM

you know anywhere round here that sells them?
Old 05-29-2004, 12:28 AM

I gave myself a nice cut on my index finger on braided line. I am going with tape or a finger guard next time
Old 05-29-2004, 09:07 AM

Fisherman's Headquarters on the causeway at LBI.
Bruce and Pat's , Surf City, LBI.
But I'm sure Betty and Nick's should have em.
If I see u on the beach, I'll give u one!
Old 05-29-2004, 11:25 AM

cool.. i've been to betty and nicks a few times. never asked em if they had em though. that place has just about everything packed in that lil building
Old 05-30-2004, 05:27 PM

yeah man.. thanks for the link..

guess it's like a golfer finding his stroke