Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - California

Fishing - California California - Pacific Coast fishing

Old 10-20-2005, 04:48 PM
SS/Veteran

Default anyone home?

I thought I would throw this out there. I have visited both Norther CA [San Fran and area] and Southern Cal. [San Diego-LA] this year and I loved both areas, but give the edge to the San Fran area. It seems the options for shore anglers, or even kayakers, are more diverse there, Salmon, Halibut, Stripers, etc. It was interesting to me that from what I understand the stripers in San Fran Bay area don't travel too far from the bay, but may venture beyond the Golden Gate area if bait is plentiful. I hear that surf fisherman do score with large bass, especially when anchovies are present in tight: and that often leads to blitz conditions. Is this true? Also, folks fish the rivers that empty into the bay during the spawn, like the Sacramento River. Any more info on this fishery would be appreciated.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:40 AM

Default Re: anyone home?

very true. People are already plugging the surf. Last year I saw 2 fish near the 50 lb mark. we gotten big out here too, but u gotta work for it