Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New York

Fishing - New York The Empire State Fishing Reports and Information

Old 09-24-2005, 10:17 PM
SS/Veteran

Default ft tilden sat .

fished tilden from 5.30 to 7.30 pm got 4 bass biggest 30 inch, all on hopkins. lots of mullet, also lots of jelly fish.great sunset.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: ft tilden sat .

I'm glad for you....Sunday I got the bupkis fish.

Sunday early a.m. I went to Jamaica Bay right by Mainre Pkwy Bridge...nothing with nothing...I was casting tins...kastmaster, c. graves, 007 with bucktail, I had one bite which I lost and that was it...did see bait around...

early the place was empty - everyone must have been at Ft. Tilden...later on some guys started showing up...a few kingfish (a fish I'd never seen before) were cauight on worms.

happy hunting.

mudman
Old 10-24-2005, 03:22 PM

I was out in J'Bay Friday morning with my bro on his boat. We saw some serious boils of stripper activity all between Coney Island flats and Breezy Point Jetty/Ft Tilden

We had easily 20 bass, only one keeper 34" 16lbs. Nice and tasty!!!
All fish were caught on plugs. Yellow Rat a Tat was the dinner bell for the biggun.

Bass are definelty in the hood now.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:10 PM

Hey guys, I'm new here...but I fish those areas too, only started recenlty though...but I was fishing Riis Park that day same time in front of the bath-house....I was using Clams...had one hit, but missed...after that I tried a popper and a sassy shad, but had NO LUCK....I want to fish Ft. Tilden, but don't know the routine...do I need the gateway sticker for fishing there?? Where do you go? I've been going three times a week but I haven't had much luck at Riis Park and was thinking about trying to figure Tilden out...drove down there the other night but couldn't figure it out...

I tried my luck today in the storm on the seawall at the marine pky bridge rockaway side...no luck...looked at the beach and the seas were intense...expect a VERY different beach when you see it next time!

Thanks,
Tom
Old 10-26-2005, 12:56 PM
SS/Veteran

if u have the permit u can park in riis, tilden, floyd bennet,etc. the deal with tilden or any other spot is fish it! my last few trips there guys (googans) were fishing bait and getting zip, i am throwing tin and scoring. years back i liked riis at low tide so we could reach the outer bar, and tilden at high. do not neglect the beach club, working the beach there many nites paided off.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:57 PM

Thanks Joe,
I was back at Riis today for about an hour and a half...had to quit to pick up the kid from school at 3....bt I wasn't catching anyway...but what a different sight from yesterday...about a 3' surf...nothing compared to yesterday. Anyway, I tried Bunker heads and then a popper (until a knot in my line caught the eye when I cast and broke my line (DOH!) I tried throwing tins and shads, but I think the water is too dirty after the storm....

Anyway, I'll keep trying, but I'm a bit disheartened...I'll get the pass for tilden b/c everyone seems to feel that it's better...

What do yo mean by "the beach club"???where is that??
Old 10-26-2005, 09:04 PM
SS/Veteran

the beach club is west of tilden, if u stay below the high water line, u are legal.before i moved to jersey 7 years ago, i fished tilden, riis and breezy 6 days a week, its a great stretch of beach.been fishing it for 35 years. and dont forget the back side at 222 nd street.the permit is 50 bucks, may want to wait till next spring.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:00 PM

Geeze, thanks for all of that Joe, I do appreciate it...I was beginning to lose faith in Riis, but I think I'll keep trying and hopefully see some action soon...I'll wait till the spring to get the pass, but I've got a fishing buddy who has the sticker as he lives in the Highlands in NJ and fishes the tip of the hook...I'll have him come by and we'll try tilden next week. Thanks again for the tips...just finished tying rigs and cleaning out my box...I think I ditched about 8 lbs of lead that I don't use!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeaugeri
the permit is 50 bucks, may want to wait till next spring.
Can you even get a permit now? Are they still checking? I had a permit, but sold my car, and I don't want to buy another till March.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Lori
Can you even get a permit now? Are they still checking? I had a permit, but sold my car, and I don't want to buy another till March.
They will check for permits as long as anyone is out there because the NPS gets the money for the fine you pay and that money is directly funding the Rangers Salary.

If you left your sticker on the car you sold you are pretty much outta luck, they usually will not give you another. You could always give them a call and explain what happened and who knows you might get lucky.

You can still get the permit at the ranger station.