Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 05-27-2006, 09:20 AM

Default Chatam help

I'll be heading up to Monomoy and the Chatam area the week of 6/12. My son and I usually stay at the Sea breeze inn down the road. It's our third year of heading up and would like to find a new place to stay. Anyone have any preferences? Also, is there a place to rent a boat to float around out there around the flats for awhile and look for fish?
If anyone wants to hook up we'll start at rip ryder on mon. morning.
tight lines.............
Old 06-08-2006, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Chatam help

Hillbilly,

Unfortunately, I'll be there for a week starting the 17th, otherwise I'd definitely join you. This is my first time there, staying in Orleans, and dragging a kayak with me. I would however appreciate any tips on fishing and/or navigating Monomoy if you frequent the area.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Chatam help

I don't have access to a kayak, so I'm strickly a walker. Look for cuts at low tide and fish them when the water starts moving. As the tide comes in back up and watch the flats fill up. It's not really a big mystery or very hard to fish.

Remember where the cuts are for the next tide and fish it as the tide drops back down and the fish drop back into the cuts. simple?