Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Delaware & Maryland

Fishing - Delaware & Maryland Delaware & Maryland Fishing Reports and Information

Old 12-31-2003, 11:38 AM

When I was a student at Gallaudet Unviersity last year,I was determined to find a shore fishing spot around Maryland besides the Ocean City. And yet, I have not found a single of it. Most of Maryland fishing are done with the boats. So maybe one fo you can correct me on that.

Joseph Tien
Old 12-31-2003, 11:38 AM

When I was a student at Gallaudet Unviersity last year,I was determined to find a shore fishing spot around Maryland besides the Ocean City. And yet, I have not found a single of it. Most of Maryland fishing are done with the boats. So maybe one fo you can correct me on that.

Joseph Tien
Old 12-31-2003, 05:06 PM
SS/Veteran

I am assuming that you want to leave out Assateague Island as being in the Ocean City area. There are some spots around. However none of them seem to be super productive.

I gather we are talking the Chesapeake Bay area. A friend has been fishing jetties at the Kent Narrows. He hasn't caught anything huge. There is a fishing pier at Matapeake State Park on Kent Island. There is a jetty at Sandy Point Beach close to the route 50 bay bridge. I haven't been there for a long time but guys used to fish from shore at Point Lookout State Park. There might actually be a pier there now.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:10 PM
SS/Veteran

Another location would be the Old Choptank River bridge at Cambridge that they turned into two fishing facilities. I am not sure this meets your requirement of ashore spot.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:59 PM

How about the Smallwood State Park up near Baltimore, I know it use to be a hot spot years ago.

Richard
Old 01-09-2004, 09:30 PM

Richard,

You can still fish from Ft. Smallwood Park from the shoreline. I see plenty of anglers each time I motor by.

The Patapsco River usually doesn’t get many fish until mid June on.

Tight Lines,

Capt. Tom Hughes
Light Tackle & Fly Guide
Book a Susquehanna Flats Trip 2004 http://www.geocities.com/tomhughesgu...s_Calendar.htm
Old 01-11-2004, 12:50 PM

If you'll you plan to start early you are welcome to fish with us. Our fishing club is located in Bowie, Maryland. We are a volunteer group of men and women that love to fish. We also offer free and paid casting lessons plus fishing tournaments. The proceeds from all events fund future events and our youth fishing program where we provide rods, reels, line, sinkers, bait and instruction at a local youth summer camp. Our next shore fishing tournament is April 3, 2004 at Sandy Point State Park with a $500.00 guaranteed first prize. You’ll get to meet people from ages 15-65. You can get complete details about our free casting lessons and the tournament at www.longcasters.org. You should also read the article about the “Off the Beach Cast” located on the website. You should expect the catch Stripers ranging in size from 18”- 48” at our shore fishing tournament. Get in touch with us we always like to meet new people.