Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 09-30-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Possible trip next weekend

My borther in law and I are hoping to head out next weekend....is it worth our time....he said the north shore area...I think crane beach was the name of the place.....any insight would be appreciated
Old 09-30-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Possible trip next weekend

The place that you want to be this time of year up there is Plum Island. If you have a 4x4 vehicle you can get a permit to drive the beach with the right equipment. Plum Island has approx. 5 miles of open beach to fish.

If you don't have a 4x4 there are plenty of parking lots with a short walk to the beach on the Refuge as well.

My father and I have been there a couple of times this Sept. with not much action. The fishing has been on and off. We seem to have been there when it was OFF!!!!!!

If you go this weekend look out for a silver Toyota 4 Runner. My father and I hope to be heading up there as well.

Good Luck!

Sean
Old 10-01-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Possible trip next weekend

The thing with the refuge is if you want to fish there at night you gotta be on before sunset, the inbound gate closes between sunset and sunrise.

Also, if I'm not mistaken Cranes Beach is essentially at the southern end of Plum Island, just across PI sound. I've never actully fished it but I can't see where it would be all that different than PI, it's pretty much the same stretch of ocean. If there's any significant difference someone will probably chime in here and let you know.

Good luck, last Sept/Oct were great. This Sept was slow for me (only one good night), hopefully Oct will pick up.