Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > The Frat House > The Fan Zone

The Fan Zone Discuss Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Soccer or whatever you think is a sport. NASCAR?

Old 03-31-2013, 10:16 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Play Ball!

Well it didn't take long for the umpires to show they could use some more spring training and an eye exam, prescription from a qualified optometrist.

Bottom of the first, Houston baserunner steals second and is called out. I think it was this same ump who makes the out call on a basehit that bounced into the centerfielder's glove a couple of innings later.

I'm still bitter from last years Oriole loss after a game tying home run was ruled foul in the last game of their season.

I am sort of happy to see we didn't gain any respect from a lot of fans, most around me have the Orioles 4th or 5th in their division, they can't possibly duplicate what happened last year according to a good many.

It won't be a surprise for me this year when the Orioles compete well in one of the top Divisions of MLB.

Doug
Old 03-31-2013, 10:25 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Play Ball!

Wow, now we have a review on a ball that was at least 4 feet short of being a home run. These guys are completely blind!

Doug
Old 03-31-2013, 11:25 PM
SS/Veteran

First dinger of the season! Ankiel just put the Astro's up 7-2.

Doug
Old 04-05-2013, 10:11 PM
SS/Veteran

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...nway.Sellouts/

Tickets for sale in the seventh inning of sold out games? Who would even pay for a ticket in the seventh inning? Weren't the Yankees games in the playoffs sold out yet there were thousands of empty seats?

There IS a big difference in a "Sell Out" and a "Sold Out, can't get a ticket for" game.

Doug
Old 04-06-2013, 06:12 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

For sure... "sell out" is just marketing hype nowadays.

The Yankees have forever changed the appearance of their home games by kicking fans out from behind home plate during the regular season (by the creation of the luxury ticket... $200+ for a r e g u l a r season ballgame), limiting access to those sections, creation of the sports bars behind home plate and center field which now allow fans to sit inside all game.

I doubt there will be more than a handful of regular season games with a "feel" of a sellout, truly sold out seats.

Only the sports broadcasters and a few millionaires are happy with the new stadium. For me, it feels... well, I can't describe how it feels. Different in some way. Hygienic somehow.

I'm also already sick of the food venues. Seems fans are willing to stand in line for half a game to get food (??!??!) What's up with that? I mean, yeah it's nice to have something other than hot dogs, but when a food line is held up due to beer foaming (and the resultant need to slowly fill a giant cup of brew.. times 6 because a guy is getting brews for his buddies) or because they introduced 25 options increasing the serve-time 10fold, it's not worth it to me. This goes for new stadiums I've been at with the sole exception of my one visit to the nationals stadium (back when they stunk.. NO ONE WAS THERE ) -> phillies, yanks. Camden Yards, if I recall, is a bit better, but while new-er... it's not brand new. It has those open food areas down below that don't seem too bad to me.