Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 12-20-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Spring Guestimate

Howdy,

Fished the Brewsetter Flats this summer and loved it. I want to bring my Brother in Law there for the spring run. We'll be coming in from Albany and will have one weekend to give this a shot. Any guesses on a good time period to shoot for? I'll try to match up a weekend with good tide times to whatever suggestions I get here. Ideally, we'll catch am and pm low tides on Saturday and Sunday on the flats with time on Nauset Beach for High Tide fishing. All fishing will be done on foot or with kayaks.

Thank you in advance for your help. I'll be camping at Nickerson for two weeks in August again and will return to the flats then as well. Awesome fishing!
Old 01-04-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Spring Guestimate

May 12/13th should see plenty of fish there off of Quivett Creek and west to Barnstable. Perfect Kayaking and you could launch at the entrance of Paines Creek in Brewster. Sluggos on light tackle and flies.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Spring Guestimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jointed
May 12/13th should see plenty of fish there off of Quivett Creek and west to Barnstable. Perfect Kayaking and you could launch at the entrance of Paines Creek in Brewster. Sluggos on light tackle and flies.
Thank you. I launched from Paines Creek last year. I found that I needed to get out a fair amount before low tide or I didn't have enough water to make it all the way out. I saw guys farther out in canoes and was wondering where they put in at, as they draw even more water than the yak I was using.

Anyway I look at it, it will be a great trip.