Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 03-07-2007, 07:40 AM

Default A 17 pound Salmon caught in local lake this past Sunday

I saw this in the paper this morning,(March 7th) a 35 " - 17 lb. 12 oz. Salmon was caught this past Sunday on Lake Cochituate in Framingham, MA with 8 lb test line. Sure it's no Striper but not bad for a fresh water fish and considering that lake is so close to Boston. My guess is that the word will spread quickly and there will be guys out fishing shoulder to shoulder there now. Sound familar?

Here is the link to the story;

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/homepage/x318160650
Old 03-08-2007, 10:47 PM
SS/Platinum

Default Re: A 17 pound Salmon caught in local lake this past Sunday

On 8#class line, darn good. . Goes to show: line in water and fish are caught. How many guys and gals were out there before the news. Congrats to him. The state publishes the places it puts in old brood stock Salmon. In my local area there is a pond that a lot of people fish, but only a few know where and how to fish for the big ones. They catch big Salmon every year.