Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 10-17-2006, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Hey Togue!

TattooBob: I know how you feel bro! I could hardly move all day Sunday. My hands are wrecked, tore my gloves about an hour into it (seam came undone, going to get those AquaSkinz like yours). Was really happy with the VS/lami combo. Before I quit Saturday my gear was chalk white from salt spray, repeatedly dunked and/or soaked, but it all kept cranking without a flaw!

Sounds like you had a great season. I've only had a couple of good days this year, not at all like last year when I had a time more like what you did this year. But I do think I've finally broken the curse of 2006!

BruceP: Yes, when they are around the cows are mixed with the schoolies. Try to get deeper under the schoolies, or else slow down your retrieve. You would be surprised at how close in some of these fish will go into shore before they strike, right into the suds on an incoming wave! Remember, the emphasis is on the "when" they are around. You can try to move, but do it for a reason, i.e. you see birds working or you know where there is some structure. What I have seen is topwater poppers and such mostly brings in the schoolies, but you never know. The cows I saw taken fell either to metals (try a Deadly Dick in green, believe it, I saw it produce more than once) or to big wood (needlefish and pencils). I hear the bucktails have been producing as well, just haven't seen it myself.

Tight lines, and let the fall run combat begin!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoobob

Skipper I talked to you on Sunday morning I had the red sox hat on, and we talked while we were waiting for the water to go out so we could get on the rocks, and we talked about tagged fish, I called mine in and I am getting a pin.
no kidding! were you at the same place when you got into those fish? damn man i just missed it!! I am heading down soon.....check your messages on that other site
Old 10-19-2006, 09:54 AM

Will do. Schedule is giving me a hassle, doubt I'll see the water again until after the weekend......
Old 10-23-2006, 07:34 PM
SS/Veteran

All I can say is GRRRRRRR!
The fish are all over the boards at Kays but no matter what I do I am getting small ones still.
But I have not invaded Tatoos hide-away.
Too many people there now.
I can respect that,
I like to fish alone.
Dam I caught bigger fish from May to September than I am now.
Phooey on the fall run.
The fish are just faster now.