Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 01-09-2003, 06:49 PM

Hope this hasn't been covered. If so, I missed it.

A few months back there was a fair amount of discussion about Anheuser-Busch and West Marine financially supporting the Ocean Convervancy, a group that opposes the Freedom to Fish Act.

Many thought it would be a good idea to boycott these two companies due to this support.

Maybe so, may be not.

Personally, I was surprised that the folks at Anheuser-Busch would knowingly support a group that opposed the rights of recreational fisherman, who consume a fair amount of their product. Same could be said for West Marine, I suppose.

In any event, both companies have apparently had a change of heart. According to the Dec 02 Salt Water Sportsman, both companies have dropped their support for the Ocean Conservancy after it came out that the group opposed the Freedom to Fish Act. FYI. Cheers.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:49 PM

Hope this hasn't been covered. If so, I missed it.

A few months back there was a fair amount of discussion about Anheuser-Busch and West Marine financially supporting the Ocean Convervancy, a group that opposes the Freedom to Fish Act.

Many thought it would be a good idea to boycott these two companies due to this support.

Maybe so, may be not.

Personally, I was surprised that the folks at Anheuser-Busch would knowingly support a group that opposed the rights of recreational fisherman, who consume a fair amount of their product. Same could be said for West Marine, I suppose.

In any event, both companies have apparently had a change of heart. According to the Dec 02 Salt Water Sportsman, both companies have dropped their support for the Ocean Conservancy after it came out that the group opposed the Freedom to Fish Act. FYI. Cheers.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:32 PM

Mick 83:

Thanks for the info. Now I know why for no reason at all I just changed my beer preference from Bud to Rolling Rock about 3 months ago.

Max
Old 01-09-2003, 10:24 PM

But now you can change back, if you want to, anyway.