Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 05-01-2017, 07:24 AM

Default Re: March & April Fishing Reports 2017

A fairy tale night, Bunka! And a perfect ending, too.

I could use one of those. Sigh...
Old 05-01-2017, 09:58 AM

trolled sat morning right after the early morning storm.... 630am-1030am. One hit all morning and it was a nice 36 in fish.... kept for the table and had it same night for dinner. tons of boats out on sat morning. Marked tons of bait fish but didnt seem to have fish on em. I was just glad to catch one.....
Old 05-01-2017, 11:24 AM

I fished the Park Saturday afternoon in the heat...until the wind shifted and dropped the temps 20 degrees in seconds, which felt great then. Caught a little striper on my first cast with clams on a high-low. I never ever got the rod in the spike before he hit. Once I got rebaited and set up again, I grabbed another rod and reel that I had just spooled with new fireline and clipped on a huge castmaster to toss out as far as I could to stretch the line and wrap it up tight. I got about a quarter of it wound and a nice little fluke grabbed the metal and fought like a big blue...fooled me! Got it landed and released and forgot the pic. Caught nothing more that afternoon or Sunday morning What a difference a day makes...froze my butt off from 6 to 9 am Sunday. Shorts and tee shirt on Saturday, but jeans, hip boots, long sleeve heavy tee, a hoodie sweatshirt and jacket on Sunday morning and the 12-15 MPH winds off the water made me shiver.
Oh the Joys of Spring fishing!