Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:45 AM
Writer, Hunter, Surfcaster

Default Re: Policy Discussion ....

From a recent experience please be reminded not to post proxy statements from anonymous contributors. While I have a valid and surely acceptable answer for that, I refuse to dignify the event with such a response. I think it reasonable that I know who is saying something before I speak to it.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:38 PM

Frank
Maybe this can fit in here. I go to the Surf Show in Lincroft NJ, the Saltwater Fishing Show in Somerset NJ and the Fisherman's magazine show in Farmingdale LI and see very few women other than those in the booths with their hubs. I went to the Somerset Flyfishing Show in NJ yesterday and there were noticeably more women attendees that at the other shows. Is Flyfishing viewed as somehow more civil or artsy than boats, bait buckets and surfcasting ? Maybe ? Food for thought.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:18 PM

Joe, what you should do is ask a question about female participation as evildenced by what you see at the shows. Take the remarks you have here and start a new thread. I can do it but the idea, after all, does belong to you. And its a good idea.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:33 AM

Nobody comes here any more. I think it reasonable to surmise that I am doing something wrong. Anybody want to venture a guess as to what it is? Any suggestions?
Old 06-03-2015, 10:48 AM
SS/Veteran

Not sure Frank but I certainly wouldn't suggest your doing anything wrong! I suppose more are interested in the crap over on fiction. I for one, care less for that.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:38 PM

No Frank you are not doing anything wrong! There needs to be questions and topics from members for you to do what you do. You do a great job of starting good threads yourself but you need more support more action from others, I agree with John that Fiction isn't worth ten minutes of looking for me, it has no draw for me either. I see DZ and John Skinner on there and they are not given the respect and belief in experience that should be- not even close. I actually took time to read through this "bass tail slap topic" over there and that was all I needed to see what that place is about. They can have it. Ask Frank is a great place to be a member- pass it on!!
-Phil
Old 06-03-2015, 01:12 PM
SS/Veteran

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Might it be out of line to suggest that most of the regulars at the bar here are out fishing?
Old 06-03-2015, 03:51 PM

Nothing you suggest is out of line. Members responding to this thread so far are the ones who have kept us afloat. We just finished a couple of days without a post is why I raise the question.

Not sure, but being out fishing should not lower our activity. My wife and I just completed 28 consecutive mornings turkey hunting from 4:00 AM to 9:00 AM and even wrote some articles and even fished two nights ago and I posted every day. However, I am not disagreeing with anybody. Frankly, I am a little relieved to hear from my mainstays so quickly.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:48 PM

I am busy reading through old posts - most of my questions are answered there. I am sure I will think of a few

meanwhile - back to fishing!
Old 06-04-2015, 09:49 AM

The old posts are loaded with entertainment. Some even demonstrate a penchant for abuse a minority of our guys once engaged in. While they miffed me off at the time, I now find them entertaining. We had one guy who had never posted here before. After he plugged his book, he socked it to me.

Reminder: say you find a thread entertaining that was 10 years ago. If you post on it, it will come up right here the day you do it. In ten years all of us, even the posters, could have changed.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:50 AM

I can and am willing to post when nobody else does. But it is much easier for me to respond to new remarks. You don't have to start a new thread. Just reflecting upon something said is good copy. Give me something to work with. We have had good results pulling up old threads. It might be symptomatic that I am a sick puppy but I love the old abusive threads.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:36 PM

I agree Frank the "archives" are great. I really enjoy going through what's in there some great threads, some entertainment, so much to explore. I'm in there all the time.
-Phil
Old 06-12-2015, 07:40 PM

Come to think of it I'm sort of fishing in the archives sometimes, looking for a gem thread I haven't read yet or some offbeat topic...
-Phil
Old 06-13-2015, 10:55 AM

People come here and attack me and what they say goes into the archives. From then on the post is available for recovery. So if they are out-of-line it can be a permanent example of their behavior that lives here long after they are gone. If you are proud of your opinions and remarks, great. But if you say something that you might some day regret, in later years it could stink to high heaven. Has any one noticed how many abusive threads I have resurrected?
Old 06-13-2015, 12:58 PM

Yes blaring my obvious and in retrospect very funny at times it seems like it was the Wild West on Striper Surf back then, and we all know you are quick on the draw Frank...Things are very enjoyable here now although it has been a little slow lately as you have been keeping things going without much input from members...
-Phil