Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 09-22-2019, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Fishing Reports Summer 2019

I did nuttin with clams and mullet at sunrise this morning in Stone Harbor. Thinking of visiting a friend's dock on the bay side of Avalon. Maybe cocktails and plugs?
Old 09-23-2019, 02:45 AM
Senior Fellow, Team SS 04/05/06/07/08 / Forum Member Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassTracker View Post
I did nuttin with clams and mullet at sunrise this morning in Stone Harbor. Thinking of visiting a friend's dock on the bay side of Avalon. Maybe cocktails and plugs?

Go to the jetty on the north end of Avalon....

Have you clicked on the Google banner today? C'mon...you know you want to.

I'm not just a Fishermen, I'm the fishin magician!
^^^Unauthorized signature edit by grumpy old men.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:01 AM

I haven't hit the inlet yet. Maybe this afternoon. I did catch a couple of blues and a short striped this morning out front. Beautiful sunrise too.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:02 PM

I did a quick trip sunday morning & trolled LBI inlet around 0800 with a white bucktail & caught 3 small blues along grass. Nothing else after.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:19 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqb2004 View Post
I did a quick trip sunday morning & trolled LBI inlet around 0800 with a white bucktail & caught 3 small blues along grass. Nothing else after.
Boat fish don?t count, trolled fish really don?t count, but Bucktails do count. Congrats on the catching, welcome to the site
Old 09-26-2019, 07:34 AM

I got to spend a couple hours at the *** Inlet Tuesday, hoping to run into some stray pelagics as I had a two weeks ago. No joy. I did succeed in catching a bunch of little blues despite the thundering swells rolling in from time to time. I had given up on metal / epoxy lures and put on a bucktail with a curly tail and found that there were suddenly a lot of fish around. I even had a schoolie striper which I broke off on the rocks after he abraided my fluoro leader....because I couldn't stand as close to the water as I wanted to because I didn't want to die.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:03 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph C. View Post
I got to spend a couple hours at the *** Inlet Tuesday, hoping to run into some stray pelagics as I had a two weeks ago. No joy. I did succeed in catching a bunch of little blues despite the thundering swells rolling in from time to time. I had given up on metal / epoxy lures and put on a bucktail with a curly tail and found that there were suddenly a lot of fish around. I even had a schoolie striper which I broke off on the rocks after he abraided my fluoro leader....because I couldn't stand as close to the water as I wanted to because I didn't want to die.
yeah, death would put a damper on the trip
Old 09-26-2019, 10:53 AM

Yeah I hit an inlet too yesterday afternoon but surf and FLIES ran me off. Nothing out front yesterday but loads of foot long blues this morning. How do they always manage a to bite the mullet just below the hook???
Old 09-26-2019, 11:16 AM

Thanks for the e-mailed birthday greeting from the leadership group yesterday. I am now at 78 and counting My family has been vacationing on Pawleys Island, SC since the 21st. I have been able to subdue two blues since arriving. One at 10.....and the other at 8................INCHES I will be heading your way around mid Oct and hope to meet up with the Killer B's as well as make new acquaintances at the usual stomping grounds.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:57 PM

Next week I'm going to visit my favourite state park bayside one afternoon and evening to see how the fall is shaping up. I'm just itchin' to see my first real striper in a LONG time.

Then again, I might have to walk out to the Hook to see what's moving there. Albies maybe?
Old 09-28-2019, 11:16 AM

Picked up a HUGE weakfish yesterday afternoon in CMC outfront during the incoming with a south wind..biggest one I have ever caught! Must have been close to 5 pounds.
Out again during the incoming tide at sunrise this morning, the snappers were mangling my mullet and there were a few big blues mixed in. I had one bite through my Slap Shot fish finder rig (80 Lb test?) after bending my 10 ft st croix like I could not believe. Switched to a mullet rig and had to cut off the hooks in another fat blue. I should have kept it to have with our stuffed peppers tonight
And I caught my first dog fish of the week....there's the prize!
Another wedding on the beach tonight, so I might not get out unless I walk a ways up or down the beach with my plugs...I am out of bait
Going home tomorrow after 12 sunshine filled days in Stone Harbor.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:28 PM

BT,Nice catching!
Moco Outfront 4P-6P South wind incoming tide with waist high swell. Mullet, peanuts and spearing pinned to the wash with several blowups, but I could not raise a fish while throwing mag darters, bucktails and metal. I left the swim bait happily motoring southbound.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayyaker View Post
I gave the flat ones one last try today. One short, not a good year for me. I?am glad the pain and suffering of this fluke season is over. Now to concentrate on the striped ones, hopefully the fall will be a mirror of the spring.
Fluke may be over, but you could still go for Winter Flounder... the other flat meat.