Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 09-17-2005, 01:44 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Plum Island this weekend

Last I heard was they were telling people who drive on to get
off the beach 3 hrs. before high tide and to stay off for 3 hrs.
after high tide. I am going anyways
Old 09-18-2005, 10:11 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Plum Island this weekend

Sunday Night 9/19/05
I just got home from PI and there was some weed that came in from the storm. the fishing kicked-*** first fish came with in 2 minutes of casting my bait out. keeper striper right at 28 it was non stop action all night I didn't sit down once. and the worms I got were the worst all year. they were 1/2 dead and small, but the stripers didn't mind. any ways I caught 20 stripers all between 24 and 30 inches with 4 of them being keepers

I couldn't even cast my plug every time I would go to get my plug rod one of my bait rods would have a fish on it. as soon as that full moon came out of the clouds the big fish bolted and I did get a few fish in the 16 to 20 inch range so I thought it would be a good time to go home.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:53 AM

nice report thanks!
I still can't seem to get out there
Old 09-19-2005, 09:44 AM

Tattoobob, you must have passed right by me.

Got a really late start this weekend. Arrived at the refuge around 5:30PM Sunday 09/19, aired down, climbed into the waders, drove out, found "good" structure, set up not too far from my usual spot with first fish on by 6PM.

Beautiful evening/night. Slow but steady fishing. Picked up on the incoming particularly when the moon came out. Had to call it quits around 10PM (live to fish - but I have to work). Too bad, as fish were still biting. A number of just barely keeper sized and just under keeper sized fish, all very fat and in great condition.

All fish caught on left over seaworms (about 2 1/2 doz. selects) I had kept from the Friday 09/09. Brought them home in a small pail I filled with seaweed and wet beachfront sand and kept in a cooler all week. Smelled like hell even after rinsing with seawater last night, but worked great. Never got to the plugs or lures, got lazy and left that rig in the truck.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Moderator,Team SS 04-08

Bob,
Sounds like a great time! Now,just point them south,so us Jersey guys get the same thing!
Old 09-19-2005, 03:44 PM

sounds like a good time great report