Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 02-12-2004, 07:38 PM
SS/Veteran

Ragman, you missed my point.There was controversy in believing the story cuz#1-80 lb fish are rare-especially in the surf, which you must know#2-no witnesses except the guy that wasnt interviewed,#3--character.. I don't care if it was the pillsbury dough boy, but it was questioned BECAUSE of peoples impression of him.The type of guy they portrayed him to be-- at least the stuff I read.Character is very telling- it says who you are- your reputation. So no, I don't automatically believe it just like that-- I'm more skeptical than that. And my point after reading Bob's article was that I believe his impression, and am therefore happy cuz it's great stuff, isn't it?And the 36lber before that-- if you've ever caught fish in the 30-40 lb range, you'd know that's a hell of a fish to beach, never mind on 20lb test, but from that to an 80-- what a thrill- is my point And on a rebel with those trebles to hang onto that fish under the surf that nite!!! The guys a champ all the way. But try to "get-it" about the doubts

Endorfin
Old 02-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Publisher, StriperSurf

There are no inconsistencies as far as I'm concerned. Like I wrote earlier I have no doubt he caught and landed that fish.

Some people just don't want to accept that fact although it was certified by the IGFA and he received the prize money from Abu-Garcia.

That's good enough for me.

Now if I landed what I thought could be a new world record striped bass I would handle the whole thing differently. First off, no photos except ones I supplied for $$$$, no freebie newspapers or magazine interviews. I wouldn't get within 100 miles of B&T shop.

I would first take the fish to a butcher or any place with state tested & certified scales, get 2 witnesses, a lawyer & a notary. Then call the state Fish & Game to meet me at the closest place with an IGFA certified scale and NO cameras!

No deals with any tackle manufacturers and no free exploitation either. In other words I would submit the line to the IGFA but I would not identify the manufacturer, etc.

Of course it would be caught on a StriperSurf High Low Bait Rig and there would be an immediate book!

Bob D'Amico

Old 02-13-2004, 03:48 PM

THE HORSE IS DEAD ALREADY!!!
Old 02-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Moderator,Team SS 04-08

AMEN!!!!
Old 02-13-2004, 04:58 PM

Just a book??? No movie???
Old 02-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Moderator,Team SS 04-08

I think a book,movie,and a TV miniseries would be about right.Hey,reality TV."can you land a 100 ponud striper" That might be a plan Bob....
Old 02-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Publisher, StriperSurf

A movie! Good idea! I think Tom Selleck have the starring role. My wife would like that!

I agree this horse is dead

Bob D'Amico