Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 11:09 AM
sun tzu

quote:
Originally posted by Elliot:
I think some folks are missing the point. If you want to post a Spot that is your prerogative. No one should/can tell you not to.

Last time I checked this board was hosted in NJ, which happens to be a State belonging to our great free sovereign Country, the U.S. Of A.

Now if Bob decides to ban posting spots then that would be a different story since it is his board, hosted in NJ, which happens to be a State belonging to our great free sovereign Country, the U.S. of A.

Let freedom ring! Post On!

I think people who post "hot spots" are idiots. I think they are people who have a tough time catching fish or fish once every other week. They don't care if 1000 people show up to a "hot spot" the next day because they won't be there, they don't fish much.

Did I sat that people who post "hot spots" are idiots? its the USA right, i can post whatever I want.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:12 AM
Administrator

I say YES! Mr. Sun Tzu for Moderator!!!

Old 10-30-2003, 11:19 AM
sun tzu

I fish nearly every day. There are dozens of guys who fish in my part of the world everyday. All it takes is one idiot to luck into good fishing one day, run to the internet/cell phone/email and tell the world for the masses of idiots to come running to my part of the world and make life miserable. teh guys that fish everyday don't post "hot spots" because they want to be able to fish tomorrow. Its the yahoos who fish every once in a awhile that feel the need to share their luck, and its luck cause stumbling onto a beach with fish is not skill, that causes all the problems.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:29 AM

I have a successfull career and an 8 year old son to tend to. Other then that I fish as much as I can. This some times causes days with no sleep. I have no problem catching fish and Im willing to bet on that. I put up a challange that no one wants to take me up on with the photos. After I out fish you, you will be begging for my hot spot.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:30 AM
Administrator

If you read my posts I think you will see I am in agreement Mr. Sun. However I don't think that posting intentional misleading information in order to divert the masses elsewhere is right either. One day when I retire I would like to be able to fish nearly everyday. Now what with a young family, mortgage and all that good stuff, I'm lucky to get out twice a week. I don't want to see my favorite haunts get fouled up. What are we to do?

Old 10-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Kings over Queens

KMB, I know that you are ignoring me, which is fine, so I'll understand if you don't respond. First off, most didn't respond to your "challenge" of posting photo's because no one is interested. For the most part the regulars on this board share information, advice and get along exceptionally well. I noticed you've certainly made your mark.

I've also noticed that you've changed your public profile, went through at least 2 different Avatars and countless signatures since signing up. Have you finally settled in? I think you'll enjoy it much more without all the retoric and chest pounding.

PS I forgot to say Hi when you signed up. So, Hi .
Old 10-30-2003, 11:40 AM
sun tzu

Make me a moderator and i will not post intentionally misleading info. I have no interest in messing up others spots.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sun tzu:
I fish nearly every day. There are dozens of guys who fish in my part of the world everyday. All it takes is one idiot to luck into good fishing one day, run to the internet/cell phone/email and tell the world for the masses of idiots to come running to my part of the world and make life miserable. teh guys that fish everyday don't post "hot spots" because they want to be able to fish tomorrow. Its the yahoos who fish every once in a awhile that feel the need to share their luck, and its luck cause stumbling onto a beach with fish is not skill, that causes all the problems.

If your life is miserable because some one shows up at your fishing spot you need help. Fast. You fish every day? I'm assuming your either a grumpy old retiered man or a kid living under mommy's roof? This isn't the type of person I leave my house to track down and fish with trust me!
Old 10-30-2003, 11:45 AM
Kings over Queens

Grumpy old man lol. Oh, this should be fun.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:53 AM

Don't get too worked up I have a dozen live eels in the live well to drownd. I'll let you know how I did tonight when I come back to play puppet master.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:56 AM

At first I didn't realize how insane this thread was but this is nuts! What a pathetic shame to see folks bicker about hotspots ---to post or not to post... I'm glad when I do go fishin- whether crowded or alone- I look at the big picture ---being outdoors and enjoying time out from everyday life --to me its all about the fishing experience..
Hope this thought gets contagious..

VSFISHON
Old 10-30-2003, 11:57 AM
sun tzu

My life is miserable when I catch fish and a dillydock like you stumbles onto the beach in your rubber hip boots pulling a cart with (4) st. croix's and a bucket of clams and happens to catch a 27" fish which you drag up and down the beach for all to see then run home and take a picture of this scrapped up dried out mess that was once a snall fish so you can post a picture of it on the internet.

Embarassing yourself is bad enough, I, and everyone on the beach is laughing at you. But to then come here and post all kinds of "hot spot" reports because you happened to stumble onto the beach and catch a fish in between your grueling shifts at Taco Bell raises your embarassment to new levels.

Some of us don't care about or jobs or our families, all we care about is fishing. We fish nearly every day and its annoying when a Mcstubble like you bumbles onto the beach and lucks into a fish because we know you won't be back for a week but you feel te need to let everyone know what a hero you are for wrassling that 27" fish.

I can understand that the career at taco bell, trailer, and toothless wife take up alot of your time. I imagine that breating for you may seem overwhelming. But I should not have to suffer because of your ignorance, stupidity and the life challenges that come with those handicaps.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:59 AM
sun tzu

quote:
Originally posted by KissMyBass:
Don't get too worked up I have a dozen live eels in the live well to drownd. I'll let you know how I did tonight when I come back to play puppet master.

Fiction
Old 10-30-2003, 11:59 AM

Sun:

I understand how you feel and sympathize with you to a degree. You're extremely lucky to be able to fish everyday. You must live close to the beaches to be able to do that. I don't. I live about a 2 hour drive from where I like to fish and I'm willing to bet a great deal of the people from this forum are like me. I only had the oppurtunity to fish twice this fall and both times I have had no real luck. It's not that I want to know where the hot spots are but I would like to be able to track the migration so I have a good chance of success when I do make it down to the ocean. You look at people like me as weekend warriors. I find this offensive. I'm as much into fishing as anyone else and have paid my dues although I don't have the time to drive up and down the Jersey coast looking for fish. I started fishing when I was 10 years old which was more than 35 years ago. I've been fishing almost as long as you are old. I've belonged to fishing and conservation clubs in my area and even raised 7000 trout hatchlings per year for stocking for the pleasure of the local population. I've participated with the local boy scouts in conservation programs designed to cleanup and beautify the local streams in my area. Just because you are local to the Jersey beaches doesn't give you special priveleges. You know the area and have access to scouting it that not everyone has. I'm not looking to steal your fish or your spot but I would like to give myself the greatest chance of success just like you. That's why I love this website. That's why I love to hear from the local fisherman on where the migration is, what the fish are feeding on, and what time of day is best. If you were to come to my hometown, I would take you to my favorite fishing spots which would give you the greatest chance of success. Just to see you catch a fish and knowing I had a hand in it would put a smile on my face. Even if I didn't catch anything. I think you really need to examine how lucky you really are and realize that many of us on this board are not as fortunate. You get to fish the Ocean all year long while many of us wait all year long for the chance to catch a Striper in the spring or fall. As far as I'm concerned, I applaud the Weekend warriors who make a long trip from their homes and spend a half dozen hours or more in the cold just for the chance to catch a big fish. To me, that's dedication to the sport of fishing.

I see you want to become a moderator of Striper Surf. My vote is NO. At least not now. Unless your attitude changes to people like me. There are all kinds of people in different situations on this website. To be a good moderator you need a better perspective of the clientele here and not just look at things through the rose colored glasses of your objectivity. I not trying to offend you here in any way and I hope I haven't. I just would like you to realize that your view of fishing is a little small.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:05 PM

If I could afford The 2002 expediton, and the 99 mountaineer rods and reels im my picures and still have money for bait I would fill out an application today. I and the rest of the forum can tell by the childish name calling you resort to as your only defense, that you aren't worth my time. I shall now put you on the ingore list witht the other clown. Be gone ..
Closed Thread