Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 04-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Lets see how the majority of SSC members feel

I'd say if the poll turns out that we do have a problem with it then lets try to keep the info {locations} in the Insider fourm.

If the poll shows it's not a problem then please try to deal with it when locations are given.

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 04-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Administrator

I'd say if the poll turns out that we do have a problem with it then lets try to keep the info {locations} in the Insider fourm.

If the poll shows it's not a problem then please try to deal with it when locations are given.

Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jess:

I don't feel its a problem but I feel it should be posted on the "inside". Bob has to keep the site going. If the bills don't get paid none of you will have to worry about spot buring here.

- - SK
Old 04-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Siberian Husky Rescue

quote:
I don't feel its a problem but I feel it should be posted on the "inside". Bob has to keep the site going. If the bills don't get paid none of you will have to worry about spot buring here.

Try burning this spot...
Old 04-08-2005, 11:22 PM

quess they were all reading threads.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:23 PM

I'm new and what the heck is spot burning and why would I have to do something special to do it?
Old 04-08-2005, 11:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by s/vloner:
I'm new and what the heck is spot burning and why would I have to do something special to do it?

spot burning =catching a bunch of fish,and going home and telling eberyone,where.street name,where you parked,how meny steps you took,what lure,you get the idea.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:39 PM

folks...

new jersey is a vastly over populated state and that population is growing...thus the trash and the undesirables that we have to deal with when we do venture to locations to fish...

the basic fact of the matter is...there are no isolated fishing locations less you have a section of your own private beach....

for many of you all it was a long time ago...but really now...wasnt there a time when you didn't know where to go to catch fish and looked for those little tid bits of info...called or spoke with a b&t proprietor to locate fish...read the fishing section of the paper to see where the hot catch was at?

granted there are lots of lurkers who are sitting waiting for that golden BB that will put them into the fish....but all the items listed above contribute to this very problem as much as what is posted here...and less we resort to a complete silencing of all forms of media related to fishing...well...its just something we are going to have to deal with....but how?....well lets think about that...

i know it is frustrating to be mugged at locations...and to deal with the growing filth of the weekend warrior who goes drinking with a rod and reel...but really...rather than beat the proverbial dead horse...why not put this energy toward some constructive behavior?

make a negative a positive...if you fish an area and you see that the area has a certain problem...work with local people to find a way to stop it...put out flyers in mailboxes..."concerned anglers for favorable locations" and discuss ways to improve the problem through local law enforcement....

the above a merely ideas but i think you get my drift...maybe its time for an "anglers watch association" like a neighborhood watch type thing for local "spots" and this can regain the communities trust and favor...

well just think about it folks....all the "spot burning bickering" will NOT solve the problem...you can sit and complain but DO nothing about it but try to silence the people who love fishing so much they wish to spread the word....

now that being said...fight nice and please dont attack...i am merely trying to find a more constructive way to solve a problem...this thread will not do that...action not posts solves problems...and silencing the posting of "spots" wont solve it either...

thank you for your time...

StriperSurf Fly Fisher

Old 04-08-2005, 11:44 PM

I don't think I could get used to that kind of fishing. It's like a party boat on the Beach. I'm lovin Jersey!
Old 04-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Siberian Husky Rescue

quote:
Originally posted by blue:
quess they were all reading threads.

Just a typical Fall weekend somewhere in NY. It's no secret.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:39 AM

If for no other reason then to promote becoming an "Insider", keep exact locations available to only those that help the site pay it's bills.

The Pickens Plan

"Democratic civilization is the first in history to blame itself because another power is trying to destroy it" - Jean-Francois Revel

Steve

Old 04-09-2005, 12:46 AM
SS/Veteran

quote:
Originally posted by Robi:
quote:

Try burning this spot...
WOW looks like every one is doing OK, looks like every one is enjoying, looks like if some one thought to many anglers were to close , they would get their buns out and move tg another area , Looks like a bunch of anglers enjoying life and fishing and getting along ..
My type of fishing !
Old 04-09-2005, 01:35 AM
SS/Insider

Im a Weekend Warrior that Doesnt leave trash nor beer on the beach. I wish I could IFsh Everyday of the week but right now my Home is Close to my work outside of Philly and in the Spring - November I get down to fish as Much as I can. Im not the Most Experienced Surf Fisherman, But Learn More and More every yr.

One of the things I have learned to pay attention to over the yrs, are the locations of Trucks and Other Fisherman...it Rings in my head, HEY THERE COULD BE FISH HERE... Many Notes I have Gone out and Got Skunked or Only Caught Sea Robins and Dogfish and I was the only one on the beach....and there have been others where I was in the Midst Of great catches Of Weakies, Blues and Bass and I was the only one there.... And it Goes vice versa...Many times I have been with 60 other people on a Beach and Caught noting, and other times managed to Pull a few fish out.

I dont have any Secret Honey Hole's... Im more than Honest about Where Ive caught fish, when, and how...

My Favorite Spots Are Mantolocking NJ Between Bay Ave and Strickland Street (behind those Billion Dollar Houses)

1 Block up from IBSP in Seaside Park Behind that Hotel..

And In South Jersey Corsons Inlet In the rips of the inlet from the Park Side...

I figure, were all up here seeking knowledge on What to use, When to use it, and Where to use it. If we share our resources, no matter how experienced or in-experienced, were bound to learn something...

My 2 Cents!
Old 04-09-2005, 03:36 AM
SS/Veteran

Op, I'm with ya' Bro'!!!
I agree whole heartedly with your sentiment and intention.

Guppie:
You're a Gem! You selflessly take your time to sit at your computer and "share the wealth." I firmly believe no regular to this site has any qualms with you doing what you do. Every time you send out your reports via e-mail I read it carefully to gauge the activity of fish in your area, the area I fish. I'd most certainly be a hypocrite if I were to chastise you for reporting with the accuracy that you do. You provide a great service to the "long distance angler", and you are geniune! Also, you are a gregarious, people loving person, as am I. In the event I'm on fish, I too call in passers by to share in the expierience.

Now, the main forum is a place were any annonymous web cruising googan can go to "find a spot". The accuracy of your information is best kept to the forums where members of this site are privy to them. Best of all the insider forum. A member of the insider forum has contributed to the financing and proliferation of this site. It's the same as someone coming into where you work, picking your brain for info, and then turning around and walking out of the shop with out having purchased anything. My dad taught me as a pup to buy something first, then ask. It's just a good faith jesture.

So, I'm going to the sods with my flyrods this weekend. When I return I will PM my friends from the BASH with specific details as to what I have encountered, fish or no fish. For some , they'll recieve Lat\Lon coordinates. Those whom I haven't had the pleasure of getting to know will recieve more general information, and everyone will see my pics. in the Photo album forum. Fish or no fish.

Again, you're awesome! All that's being asked is that you reserve your info for the active, contributing members of this site.

Last, I'll be in touch!!!

Old 04-09-2005, 06:21 AM
Administrator

162 views and only 13 votes

Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!