Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 06-11-2003, 07:36 AM
Writer, Hunter, Surfcaster

it has come tomy attention that there is confusion over pantyhose as a suitable measure of places in time.

From memory, it seems that panty hose went into widespread use, either during the 60s or early 70s. For women, this was a much more convenient way to wear stockings and was popular with them. Prior to that they wore stockings with garters which attached to a garter belt (Man, I don't know if I can do this.) If you have as vivid an imagination as I have memory, try to envision a woman wearing only the stockings, garters -- which are like short suspenders -- I don't know if I can do this -- and the belt. The sight of that is enough to make a rutt buck stand in the middle of an Interstate to chllenge a 20 Ton Kenworth.

in (screw the capitol letters, this is important) the backdrop of having seen that more than a few times in one's formative years your girl friend jumps in the back seat with panty hose looking like one of those manikins they sometimes leave in the store window when changing their wardrobe. makes you want to say, "what the **** is this?" . No one, unless they have been drained of all testosterone by a mid-watch vampire, could ever feel right partying with a vacquara that wore those disgusting things -- pantyhose.

Why do you think the Salisbury girls, East Baltimore St, Boston girls, exotic dancers world wide always wear them in their act? I think that even youngies, when they see a dancer wearing stockings and an umbrella and long gloves must kind of get awesomely arbital. What sez yuz?

Frank
Old 06-11-2003, 07:36 AM

it has come tomy attention that there is confusion over pantyhose as a suitable measure of places in time.

From memory, it seems that panty hose went into widespread use, either during the 60s or early 70s. For women, this was a much more convenient way to wear stockings and was popular with them. Prior to that they wore stockings with garters which attached to a garter belt (Man, I don't know if I can do this.) If you have as vivid an imagination as I have memory, try to envision a woman wearing only the stockings, garters -- which are like short suspenders -- I don't know if I can do this -- and the belt. The sight of that is enough to make a rutt buck stand in the middle of an Interstate to chllenge a 20 Ton Kenworth.

in (screw the capitol letters, this is important) the backdrop of having seen that more than a few times in one's formative years your girl friend jumps in the back seat with panty hose looking like one of those manikins they sometimes leave in the store window when changing their wardrobe. makes you want to say, "what the **** is this?" . No one, unless they have been drained of all testosterone by a mid-watch vampire, could ever feel right partying with a vacquara that wore those disgusting things -- pantyhose.

Why do you think the Salisbury girls, East Baltimore St, Boston girls, exotic dancers world wide always wear them in their act? I think that even youngies, when they see a dancer wearing stockings and an umbrella and long gloves must kind of get awesomely arbital. What sez yuz?

Frank
Old 06-11-2003, 08:17 AM

The wife wants to know what I've been reading on the internet this time. She won't believe that I was at a fishing site.

don't forget, it's supposed to be a day on the beach
Old 06-11-2003, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Frank, , JOe

Its 4 hours for me to drive to fish the surf. I do it often. It will always be worth it.!!
Old 06-11-2003, 12:31 PM

My ex-wife occasionally wore thigh-high's which were like stockings without the garter belt. Not quite the same effect but they sure beat the hell out of pantyhose. Pantyhose remind me of something a grandmother would wear
Old 06-12-2003, 06:57 AM

I forgot to mention -- perhaps because my imagination had the better of me -- the stockings should be black and the girl should be wearing high heels. I think the umbrella would be tasteful in red, don't you?

Frank
Old 06-13-2003, 10:44 AM

Ahhhhhh, yes. Times of yore - when big stripers were plentiful and pretty girls wore stockings. Want to know a secret? You can bring stockings back in much the same way that the striper population has been replenished. Be proactive (go to a lingerie store in your mall and buy the setup for her) - a little support/TLC and you'll be back in the good ol' days in no time. Girls are like fish - figuring out what makes them bite is the hardest part.

That's my two cents for the day.

"A bad night fishing is better than a good day at work"
Old 06-13-2003, 04:09 PM

Don't know if I could go into one of those stores, unless I said it was for my niece's party.

Frank
Old 06-13-2003, 09:42 PM

Frank, "nothing like stockings and thongs", one time my wife knew i was going out striper fishing for the night and boy did i wind up changing my mind for that nights plans. Black stockings with a black thong and see through top. Enough to make any man in his right mind go out of it.
Well i guess you can figure the rest. Unfortunately, that was the last time i seen that, "Its kind of uncomfortable you know", but i keep trying like, "I can stay home tonight if you wear, you know" and i get the look.

What the hell does this have to do with "ask frank"? You had to remind me of what i don't get anymore. At least stripers don't turn me down.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:51 PM
SS/Platinum

in college we saw the transition from garters to pantyhouse to unshaven legs (as a political statement)...if they (the vast right-wing conspiracy) can score a picture of Hillary and her 'commrades' at Wellesley College with un-shaven legs mayby the enviro-nazis will be kept out of power and beach access will be saved...

(written tongue-in-cheek..., somewhat...)

and rone, been there had that done...forget about it...it happens mayby once in marriage...
Old 06-13-2003, 11:58 PM

Now Mr. D really has my attention!! Haven't been to this site in a while, glad to see you guys are still discussing the finer points of striperology!!!

PS.The Foxy Lady in Providence and Brockton starts their free legs+eggs buffet on Friday mornings at 6am!! Plenty of stockings+thongs to go around, the perfect ending to a night on the surf...and they don't even care how fishy we smell!!! -O'boy

Small Boat, Big Fish
Old 06-14-2003, 07:52 AM

Another big point that has to be "made". Black is only good on a white girl. If the girl is black, she should be wearing white stockings. We do, after all, want to allow everybody to play

Frank
Old 06-14-2003, 03:12 PM

Yes, yes during mutual torid pasion I enjoy ripping a womens nylons off. I like it alot. They are some sexy things. Although you cant deny a set of great naked tanned legs in a mini skirt with heels either. It is just a rarer ocurence-nylons make all girls or most girls legs look great.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:00 PM

Thigh highs, heels, nicely made up, maybe nice pearls. Nowadays the girls are wearing some kind of low heel set up and once in awhile I see some kind of giant clunky heel thingie that maybe they should wear holding a cup rattling coins around. Bra? Maybe if its one of those half way up the balloons jobbies, lotsa lace. Sometimes all that can make me forget fishing for a whole 5 minutes or so. Whoops, showin' my age again!
Old 06-15-2003, 04:33 PM

What is it about a heel that makes a leg look so ?

What is it about cleavage that makes a woman look so ?

What is it about black that makes you lose interest in fishin'?

Most important, why is them things the first things they learn?

Frank