Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 07-06-2019, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Policy Discussion on Ask Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
What is happening here at Mister Smarty's: Steve Sink, Bob Marsh. Two guys who haven't posted in years. Glad to see them

I think Mister Sink, like myself, have grown very tired of the Trump bashers.
Bunch of sore losers and crybabies imo.
I wasn't a supporter of the last president, but didn't whine about it.
I put on my work boots every morning and headed off to work my construction job,
like i have for the last 46 years.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:46 PM
SS/Veteran

Funny, you pick up a newspaper and you would think Trump was an abominashon (sp). Yet, everybody I talk to says they will vote for Trump next election, no matter who the Dems hose down and put up for a candidate. Thing is can support from Washington, NY, and Boston Pravdas swing enough votes to defeat Trump? They couldn't last time so why would they do better next election?
Old 07-08-2019, 07:08 AM

My local paper...I call "The Substandard Times", has one editorial after another, bashing Trump and America in general. I havent subscribed for years, but my mother in law, who lives here, reads it cover to cover. I saw a full page editorial that said that we should be ashamed of America. . Freedom of the press is good, easier to spot the jackasses writing this garbage.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:12 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

I was disgusted with the July 4th "coverage", rather lack of coverage, of the celebration in DC. All week they said Trump was going to politicize the event.
Yet, on the day, it turns out not only didn't he "politicize" it, but had by all
accounts an amazing, patriotic, celebration. No coverage of the live event
up here. NADA.

Just stupid "concerts" leading up to fireworks. I can't call most of what they push out
nowadays music, so hence the quotes.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:45 AM
SS/Veteran

The newspapers are conspiring together against Trump. I think it scary that they have become "the enemy of the people". How can we hope to continue as a nation with all this acrimonious division? I read two newspaper daily and I don't trust or believe anything I read. I am also hearing similar assessments from my acquaintances.

I can understand our forefathers need to have a First Amendment but they failed to anticipate all the abuse of that 1St Amendment that is taking place now. Seems to me that they should be able to say what they want, but doesn't it have to be true?

NBC and CBS did not cover the DC celebration. We saw it on CNN and it was worth watching. Also these conspiracies between news sources is not healthy either.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:10 PM
SS/Veteran

Someone here sent me The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors which I have been enjoying for the second time. Thanks. Who was it that sent it to me?
Old 08-03-2019, 11:14 AM

Not me, but looks like an interesting read.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:35 PM
SS/Veteran

I think you would have to be a Destroyer (tin can) sailor to get the full meaning and feeling of the book. I had the advantage of having served on a tin can so I knew more about what was being described. When not in the ship's office, my battle Station was an anti-aircraft gun mount. I was a loader on a twin 40. Way back, before my time, those guns were called "ack-ack".
Old 09-09-2019, 04:00 PM
SS/Veteran

I'm goin got to be following our original mandate of "Striper Talk" with new threads. The first one today -- "Striper Talk -- Outflows".
Old 10-19-2019, 07:56 PM
SS/Veteran

Please take a number for your chance to ask a question of Mister smarty. Your question will be answered in order of its arrival. Operators are standing by.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:19 AM

I know the answer already, but post your thoughts on the trendy "fishing the flats" in the striper surf (and you know where the sun is when they do this). You must have addressed this multiple times in threads but wondered if there was a "best of" you could think of.

Hope all is well, Frank!
Old 10-22-2019, 09:41 AM
SS/Veteran

Hope all is well, Frank!

Yes and no. My health is okay but I have grown increasingly disenchanted with the lack of posting by what few members we do have. Therefore, if nobody talks to me, I won't talk to them. What can I say if nobody has anything to say?
Old 10-25-2019, 10:39 AM
SS/Veteran

That is more like it. We are getting posts and more views this past week. Previously we went a week without a solitary post.