Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:13 AM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: The press ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1 View Post
Some of the press is good, none great. But FAKE NEWS is alive and well. These reporters are against the American people. They whine and push there communist agenda.
I think the press always did those fake news, copy producing things but readers today are more sophisticated than their grandfathers and tend to look with a more jaundiced eye at what is printed. When combined with Trump's raising of the issues people are stepping back and reexamining what they read. The press has not responded to the new more sophisticated readers.

The most telling experience a citizen reader might experience is to know a story and then read the press spin on that story.

If you want to laugh watch how the New England Patriots org -- Coach Belichick, Brady and Robert Kraft -- handle the reporters. It is clear that all three, Kraft the most cautious, have nothing but contempt for reporters. Brady and Belichick, slap them down: "this interview is over". Or, "how far do you guys plan to go back?"
Old 08-08-2018, 10:24 PM

The news in print...worldwide. Man's failures in the front and successes in the back. That about says it all.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:26 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeG@Breezy View Post
The news in print...worldwide. Man's failures in the front and successes in the back. That about says it all.
Another example of that is when you are charged on the front page and found innocent on page 12 C section. That has happened to me with the dog thing.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:35 PM
SS/Veteran

I sense a recent softening of political propaganda in the Boston Globe recent days. I mean they had gotten so bad that if a kid tripped on a rock they found a way to blame the Not-my-president Trump for the child's skinned knee.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:37 PM
SS/Veteran

Its comical to see the Boston Globe panic over their dispute with President Trump claiming that his attack on the press is attacking the pillar of democracy. When I read those newspapers, and there are others, I get all tingly inside and even hear patriotic anthems in the background. Poor bastards are witnessing their chickens coming to roost. Next thing you know they will be taking a knee at football games. Trump IS my president and the press made it happen. They are all nuts.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:21 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Kellyann Conway and her husband are at odds. I think he reads the Globe
Old 08-17-2018, 07:30 PM

They don't vet the stories, check and double check the sources, nor do they tell both sides or care about harm they cause. If it's to be oops missed that, the apology is a two liner hidden under a car ad and looks like the small type.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:09 PM
SS/Veteran

They spin the story in a way that will make it more interesting. The idea has always been to sell newspapers and a better story, not a more accurate one, is what sells papers. The difference between years ago and today is that people today know more about how news papers work. Sure, some things can't be politasized in which case there is a better chance for accuracy. What corrupts the press is politics. A shark story is likely to be cleaner unless a republican kills a shark.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:29 PM

Maybe all the shark stories have dulled the awareness of the ever so popular Piping Plover. Now there's a global issue if ever there was one !
Old 08-21-2018, 02:39 PM

The other day some guy was yanked out of his lifestyle and sent packing, and arrested by ICE. Press is on it...poor guy, downtrodden, does not deserve this, American ( illegal ? Yep ). What they left out of the story ? He was wanted for murder. Everytime I read something from the "Mainstream Media" I consider the story as the first paragraph, in a story that has a darker reality to it.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:49 PM
SS/Veteran

Now the newspapers are sayin that it is un-American to critacise the press. But its okay to say our Commander-in-Chief is "not my president."
Old 09-07-2018, 04:45 PM

Un-American to believe the press is more like it. And it's becoming the reality they so dread.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:11 PM
SS/Veteran

I know I started this thread but I can't believe these newspapers are so blatantly antagonistic, so corrupt, as to think they can dominate public opinion with attaack after attack on the present administration. Sure, I know that President Trump has some problems but the morning paper reads like Provda. The Democrats have become violent. Scary!!!!
Old 09-07-2018, 09:19 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

This started with the most divisive president in my life: Obama

And he threw the gauntlet down when he said the police “acted stupidly” with that
Communist professor in Cambridge.

It’s been downhill since then, IMO
Old 09-08-2018, 04:46 PM
SS/Veteran

There is more racial division today than when Kennedy bussed the Freedom riders up from the south. Now we have players taking the knee before football games which is pissing a lot of people off. Can we just play phuckin football? Paleeze!