Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:28 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: The press ......

They just indicted some whacko from California for making threats to the Boston Pravda saying he was going to shoot reporters. I can understand his disdain for the press but threats are way over the line. Makes you wonder where our culture is going when people wreck store fronts after an election or cook up stories about Supreme Court nominees. We have femin-Natzis, property damage, so-called Russian interference in elections, fake news. I have a hunting buddy who is fighting with his wife of 40 years over politics. She wants to kill him for voting against Hillary.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:08 PM
SS/Veteran

Pravda just announced that Pocahontis is thinking of running for president. I hope so. Rots a ruck Kimosabie
Old 09-30-2018, 07:36 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
Pravda just announced that Pocahontis is thinking of running for president. I hope so. Rots a ruck Kimosabie

So's Flake... HA, name like that has no chance.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:24 AM

A new internet is being developed.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90243936...world-wide-web

We can only hope this puts the nail in the press's coffin that they have been building for years.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:09 PM
SS/Veteran

Could it be that all this Internet interest will eventually die out and Facebook, etc, social media will have us all asking ourselves why don't we just talk to each other privately like we used ta.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:54 PM

Probably not going to happen, not the way it was.

I do think there will be a pendulum swing away from "social media" since it's really more akin to being anti-social, but tech is here and the way it shapes our society is as inevitable as the moving tectonic plates, just orders of magnitude faster.

Earthquakes and Volcanoes that result is the analog to the way "normal" society has been, and will be, impacted.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:56 PM
SS/Veteran

Tech is here but social media is on the ropes. All the sights are slow not just here. Of course my critics will say that it is me and that would be true if I were the only one. Hey, maybe it is me?
Old 10-02-2018, 08:19 AM

Definitely not just you, Frank. Very few traditional forums have retained the numbers they once had, even those that are "thriving".
Old 10-02-2018, 11:37 AM
SS/Veteran

Glad to hear that it is just not me alone. But why? Seems to me that an opportunity to talk face to face with someone key to the industry at no charge would have some value. There have even been, in the 20 years that I have been here, people who came here to potshot me. They embarrassed themselves with what they did. The cheap shots, the criticism publicly lowered them in their effort to defame me. I keep thinking of calling back some of the threads in order to further punish the buggahs by re-exposing them. But some have died. Remember "Jointed" ? He was an industrial grade PIA. I remember the disappointment of finding out he died because it meant losing access to him.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
So's Flake... HA, name like that has no chance.
Flake is retiring because he already knows he will not win reelection. More ppropriately named he could not be.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:27 PM

Apparently the Dems and their shills, the press are flogging a letter Kavanaugh wrote while he was a stupid kid. Weren't we all. As usual they cherry picked the content and edited out the parts demonstrating him to be a bit more adult at the time than half the senate is now. Shoot, kill, then check to see if it's legal.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:26 PM
SS/Veteran

The Dems were half bad when they lost the last presidential election. Now, their behavior is going to weaken them even more. Press support hurts Dems more than it helps them. Watch!
Old 10-04-2018, 03:56 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
Glad to hear that it is just not me alone. But why? Seems to me that an opportunity to talk face to face with someone key to the industry at no charge would have some value. There have even been, in the 20 years that I have been here, people who came here to potshot me. They embarrassed themselves with what they did. The cheap shots, the criticism publicly lowered them in their effort to defame me. I keep thinking of calling back some of the threads in order to further punish the buggahs by re-exposing them. But some have died. Remember "Jointed" ? He was an industrial grade PIA. I remember the disappointment of finding out he died because it meant losing access to him.
Having to come face to face is a brilliant idea . We all can skype together , sort of like a giant sit in with a bunch of old guys who can?t remember a thing. You never know what you might view while shooting the $hit here on the site . Heck you might see the real Frank with a cup of herbal tea instead of Amber glass of spirit at 4:05 pm . If this does happen I promise not to wear my speed o in front of you old jetty jumpers .
Old 10-05-2018, 12:30 PM
SS/Veteran

I don't drink any more than anybody else. In some cases less!
Old 10-05-2018, 04:35 PM
SS/Veteran

In that case , sounds like a no . We must find another way we can gather up all the pissed off people here in one event . Got some angry bodies , who can use the release of those inner emotions . It’s not working here over the key board this season .