Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 10-06-2018, 03:48 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: The press ......

All you have to do is determine their party affiliation. If they are Democrats they are pissed off. They don't control the White house nor Congress. They trash store fronts, obstruct government, and gather in the streets chanting, "He is not MY president." While dreaming up social violations from 38 years ago.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:25 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
All you have to do is determine their party affiliation. If they are Democrats they are pissed off. They don't control the White house nor Congress. They trash store fronts, obstruct government, and gather in the streets chanting, "He is not MY president." While dreaming up social violations from 38 years ago.
you said it ....nothing like going thru a store front window for some 8 track players
Old 10-07-2018, 07:55 PM
SS/Veteran

You've said it, as a former democrat who once pledged his allegiance to the union, I feel compelled to point out that screeching in the halls of congress is not something that I want associated to my political sentiments.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:18 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
You've said it, as a former democrat who once pledged his allegiance to the union, I feel compelled to point out that screeching in the halls of congress is not something that I want associated to my political sentiments.
it might have been your calling Congressman ! you were in the time of strong pro union Democrats hard working people , loyal to their God , when Unions were able to shake down the membership & push the politicians to the limit . Ah the good old days . Recently emails, text messages are all binding agreements instead of a hand shake deal my days are behind me for squeezing pimples to get things done.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:55 PM
SS/Veteran

Its hard for a person like me who deals with cross/convoluted issues to place himself on the appropriate side of the isle. The conservatives keep me from hunting with a sharp stick and, believe me, it is already clear that the Dems are taxing recreational firearms out of existence. My wife and I were pheasant hunting this AM and I don't want to give that up. Why are we being punished for doing that? Its not politics any more; its punishment for not being in their camp.

Then we have the feminine hostility toward anything male -- the gender war. These are scary times where someone has to be blamed for everything that goes wrong and it does not seem to matter if that blame is even related to the event.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:02 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Its hard for a person like me who deals with cross/convoluted issues to place himself on the appropriate side of the isle. The conservatives keep me from hunting with a sharp stick and, believe me, it is already clear that the Dems are taxing recreational firearms out of existence. My wife and I were pheasant hunting this AM and I don't want to give that up. Why are we being punished for doing that? Its not politics any more; its punishment for not being in their camp.

Then we have the feminine hostility toward anything male -- the gender war. These are scary times where someone has to be blamed for everything that goes wrong and it does not seem to matter if that blame is even related to the event.
well , the way i see it , men want to be women & women want to be men today . Is there anything wrong with that ? who am I to judge & don't care really but i just can't tell the difference w/ all those tattoos printed on those folks .I get so confused...not sure who I have to hold the door for !
Old 10-09-2018, 08:17 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookI View Post
well , the way i see it , men want to be women & women want to be men today . Is there anything wrong with that ? who am I to judge & don't care really but i just can't tell the difference w/ all those tattoos printed on those folks .I get so confused...not sure who I have to hold the door for !

It's not only that, but it's blame-for-everything.
Everyone is looking to blame anyone other than themselves for situations.
That, and looking for an easy paycheck through whatever means.

yeah, plenty wrong with "that" {insert multiple "that's"}

that said: just hold the door for everyone
Old 10-09-2018, 11:07 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
It's not only that, but it's blame-for-everything.
Everyone is looking to blame anyone other than themselves for situations.
That, and looking for an easy paycheck through whatever means.

yeah, plenty wrong with "that" {insert multiple "that's"}

that said: just hold the door for everyone
very good !
Old 10-09-2018, 01:32 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

well, nothing new to us here but just in case you didn't get the message:

Study: Economic Boom Largely Ignored as TV's Trump Coverage Hits 92% Negative
Old 10-10-2018, 11:31 AM
SS/Veteran

I read a lot of it. Trouble is that the copy is all jaded by press anti-Trumpism. He was/is right but taking the press on, even if you are right, they will never let up. I miss the old days of balance in reporting which is something that is gone.

I think that when reader confidence erodes to a certain level all value is compromised. News is slanted by an organized cadre of reporters who are loyal to their political party. Years ago the press sought to present news with fairness. That is gone. If Trump does something good they just don't report it. Our only hope is that voters become sympathetic when they see it and trash the Dems even more than they have themselves. And the genderization of politics pits women against Conservatives. We need more Susan Collins type politicians. But again, the press says Collins is losing favor in her Maine districts. Truth is she is not. Another hope is that voters see through that. I can't wait for the next midterm election to see if the press has flushed themselves down the toilet. Dems and press are inexorably tied; if the press goes down, the Dems will go down as well. I just want to keep my firearms for hunting. Here in Massachusetts its okay to smoke dope but you can't hunt on Sunday.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:49 PM
Senior Fellow, SS/Platinum, SS/Insider, Team SS

Disabled Vet Can't Vote After NBC Sets Up Camera In Handicapped Parking Space, Refuses To Move

https://www.dailywire.com/news/37951...HrxhqHxNDjLMlQ

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Education does not guarantee intelligence.

Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:48 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoller View Post
"Freedom of the press in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. This clause is generally understood as a means to prevent the government from interfering with the distribution of information and opinions." You may not like it but what is the alternative? All dictators and totalitarian states have utilized control over the press and media to their advantage, in fact, it is practically required to have control over the press to have a totalitarian regime.

Here Here! Like it or not it has to be !
Old 11-05-2018, 03:09 PM
SS/Veteran

When the press characterized my act of defense in the dog attack as an act of aggression, I pleaded with my attorney to sue them for slander. He said we could not because of the Constitution. I don't understand; can a free press write lies about people? Isn't an erronious news report an abuse of power?
Old 11-09-2018, 02:36 PM
SS/Veteran

Speaking of abuse of power, I loved seeing our fearless leader yank the CNN reporter's White House press credentials in this week's news. I think it high time we start kicking press butt. Who the phuck do they think they are storming the White House with Trump attackers. Mr President, don't stop with just CNN reporters. Get them all, I say. Freedom of the press still has an obligation to truth, fairness in reporting. Selling more papers is not a good reason to crucify some poor buggah. Its about time someone told those guys. "I don't take questions from CNN. Sit down!"

I only voted for Trump because l distrusted Hillary. Now that I have seen him kick journalistic ash. I love the sonofabitch. SIT DOWN! Oh, I love it.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:16 PM
SS/Veteran

Looks like Pocahontis is going to run for President. She will end up just like Hillary. But the press is swooning over her. Those Democrats sure want a woman in the white house. Guess they liked having Monica Lewinski in the oval office and she wasn't even elected!