Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 04-10-2000, 06:20 PM

When fishing the canal during the herring run is it possible to catch stripers on dead herring or plugs consistently or will they only be hitting the live herring?
Old 04-10-2000, 06:20 PM

When fishing the canal during the herring run is it possible to catch stripers on dead herring or plugs consistently or will they only be hitting the live herring?
Old 04-10-2000, 09:55 PM

plugs and fresh, dead herring should all word but you can kill em' on live herring

------------------
Old 04-10-2000, 10:54 PM

Thanks for the info basharaser, by the way when will the larger stripers, say over 30 inches, begin coming into the canal?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-11-2000, 06:22 PM

Are you there DMurphy? If you are I just want to say that you are a greeat fisherman, I can't wait to go with you. Too bad you got busted for driving on the "beach" without a permit

Tight Lines
Old 04-11-2000, 06:31 PM

yeah i will have to miss some early spring schoolies because of my probahition.So Gumby, i will join u in May and we will kill the stripers. So for april u will have to fish without me.

I wish u good luck
Old 04-11-2000, 06:34 PM

Thats alright. There small around that time anyway. We'll try in early May, when the monsters come in.