Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 06-03-2005, 06:48 PM

We've fished Brewster Flats three days in a row now. Wed. night my friend Bob and I launched our kayaks at Paine's landing and fished that area between Saint's Landing and Quivit Creek. Lots and lots of fish some large; but only the little ones hit our offerings.

Thursday, friend Rich Shultz and I fished the same area with no luck at all; though we did see a "huge" fish on the shoals just west of the Saint's Hole. Only thing that bailed us out then was when I called my friend Red Clark who had fished out of Barnstable yesterday and reported plenty of fish on Horshoe Bar. We ran down and did take about 15 fish; but really no large ones.

Today, I went back at high water, going and found nothing on the flats though a number of fish on the grass patches outside. Unfortunately, the grass patches are not bery large and only produced about 10 fish in an hour and a half fishing.

Tomorrow morning I have some electrical maintenance to do on the boat and then its' off to ? Probably Barnstable Harbor to catch the high water on the grass beds down there if I can fight my way through the weekend crowds at Blish Point launch ramp.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:46 AM

The big bass are just now showing up around billingsgate shoal. Right now there are more large fish on the ocean side, pretty far off truro and Ptown, than there are in the bayside off wellfleet/orleans.

There is alot of bait in the bay though, the bass are just a little bit late this year. maybe it was the weather?