Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 09-02-2008, 12:27 PM
SS/Insider

Default Any bass or blues in RB?

Want to take a trip out later in the week and looks bad starting Friday for out front. Was thinking of hitting the bay. Anyone know of any action back there? From what I heard it's been quiet.

BTW.. where are the big blues that should be around? Haven't heard any real reports of blues from the surf...
Old 09-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Moderator, Team SS

Default Re: Any bass or blues in RB?

Over the weekend heard of and saw pics of blues up to 10lbs, all I found in the Shrew were up to 2lbs., also reports its getting ruff in the bay to.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau
Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 AM
SS/Insider

Thanks Pat! FOrgot I have a wedding in CT this weekend. Heading up Friday night and won't be home until Sunday afternoon.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:38 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Pat you did the Shrewsbury thing? What general area did you hit? Monmouth beach behind the cultural center or closer to the 'sink?

The Shrew will heat up in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Moderator, Team SS

Rob, I put in at canal in Rumson off the little Silver creek and made my way into not sure if its the official name for it but the Shrewsbury Bay, where the river is more bay like but I stayed more to the edges and flats away from all the boat traffiic made our way near the sedge islands near Sea Bright. We were going to go to lot C and get picked up but tide was coming in and their was a lot of power boats, I made a wise descion and scraped the plans. I don't think its going to happen this year but next year my Uncle his brother in law, me and a few others are going to go from the canal around the hook and and take out at the Sea Brite Beach Club, about 22 miles starting at high tide to have the outgoing to the ocean. I have been under the 36 bridge against the tide no fun.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau
Old 09-03-2008, 04:35 PM

that would be quite a trip, and you'd also want to check the winds for that one.

trying to go down beach on a southerly would be a bear as well, and you wouldn't
have much current in your favor, in most cases.

don't know where you put in by your description (probably just as well) but do know the sedges and there are some good places to tuck in there and there will be good fish very soon.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:40 AM
SS/Veteran

I wanna go! I wanna go!
There is some bottom that I would give my left arm to ping with the finder. Trying to figure it out with a jig is providing guesses but I want to see it for myself. I think it would be supremely doable, just as long as the surf is not too big and the where the rip meets the ocean is not insane it should be a can of corn.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:28 AM

Figured you'd be up for a 22 mile yak adventure *LOL*... make sure you guys post a report if ya go
Old 09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Moderator, Team SS

Quote:
Thread hijacking in internet forum communication is the act of steering a discussion off-topic by discussing a subject entirely unrelated to the subject at hand.

While this can be an intentional act of trolling, it is often accidental - caused by participants in the discussion responding to a throwaway remark, thus taking the thread off at a tangent to the original subject matter.
I will post if this ever comes to being. Their won't be much fishing but I always have a rod ready. I probably should have stated the put in was a private dock in a canal/lagoon, sure I will be able to invite a extra car or 2 to park at the house. Bad and good for me its at the new GF "family shore house", and shes a fitness nut trying to whip me into shape, but by the time this happens next year with my dateing record record of very rarly making it 3 months by then they realize their to good to be dating a 1, but good news my Aunts inlaws lives on the next canal, and really want to give this a shot.
Google earthed it last night 23.5 miles, but now the crazy girl says Kayaks launch all the time down the street from her condo in Hobboken, "maybe we can try paddeling to the shore house from their"
Ok into the Hudson to New York Bay, wave to the Statue of Liberty, under the Verrazano (up until this point the currents and ships shouldn't be much of a problem) maybe stop at Romer Shoal for a picnic, across to the hook and into the rivers, its only 33 miles. Good thing she works weekends so boat traffic will be light . Whos up for it. She has a 17' sea touring yak, my redfish or adventure is not the right type so I'll be the safty crew in a motor boat .

Old 09-04-2008, 10:43 AM

you're nuts man! But hey, if that's what ya want to do for love .... go for it *LOL*!!

there are other public put-ins not far from where I think you went in (most across from Rumson though)

(... chuckling at the thought of picnicking at Romer's.... for me it would be a fixed coordinate for the search and rescue team to come pick me up...)
Old 09-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Moderator, Team SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
you're nuts man! Yes I am But hey, if that's what ya want to do for love WHOA! Lets not go to far its only been like a month.... go for it *LOL*!! double that

there are other public put-ins not far from where I think you went in (most across from Rumson though) their was a ball field think it may actually be Little Silver, I ment to drive by and take a look at parking, access, and signage, maybe next time

(... chuckling at the thought of picnicking at Romer's.... for me it would be a fixed coordinate for the search and rescue team to come pick me up...) come on it will be fun maybe the Coast Guard will stop and ask for some Grey Pupon.