Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 05-10-2003, 06:26 AM

I will be vacationing in Unit III June 7th-14th. I was wondering if these large numbers of bluefish will have moved on by then. I was basically expecting to fish plastics from the beach for fluke and maybe weakfish. I don't use bait. Would metals be the best bet for bluefish if they are still around? Any other suggestions on lures would be great.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:26 AM

I will be vacationing in Unit III June 7th-14th. I was wondering if these large numbers of bluefish will have moved on by then. I was basically expecting to fish plastics from the beach for fluke and maybe weakfish. I don't use bait. Would metals be the best bet for bluefish if they are still around? Any other suggestions on lures would be great.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:52 AM

The Raritan Bay shores are infested with bluefish. Yesterday we were troling bunker spoons for bass and pulled up about 100 blues ranging from 2 lbs. up to 10 lbs with a few 12-15 lbs mixed in. We managed to get 1, 32 inch striper on the troll of a bunker spoon. We switched to clams, bunker chunks and I threw some storm wildeyes but still only got blues. They were fun and all but after a while our arms were killing us.
The blues that are here are really big since it is so early in the season. Usually the small ones are just showing in the bays but as of yesterday they were in the rivers and ocean fronts as well. They should be here even thicker by June but that is a bad thing for the bass and wekaies that we here in NJ want. The blues spook the other fish as they are crazy mad feeders.