Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 10-09-2006, 05:03 PM

Default Help with fishing Belmar area

This is my first post and this looks like the right forum for the question so here it goes........

I usually fish weekends in the Avalon/Stone Harbor area but am looking to squeeze some more time on the water during the week. The problem is that I live two hours from my normal fishing spots. I do, however, only live about 40 minutes from the Belmar area and was thinking of taking the ride sometime this week. Does anyone have any suggestions for general areas to fish? I’m not asking for secret spots….maybe just the Belmar equivalent of the eigth street Jetty or the TI Bridge in Avalon. Thanks in advance for your help.

Charlie
Old 10-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Team SS

Default Re: Help with fishing Belmar area

I would start at the Shark River Inlet and work your way south through Belmar. There are plenty of jettys to fish.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:44 AM

Thanks jpeters. I went last night. I got there about 5:15 and started just to the south of the fishing pier. The water was crystal clear with a light East breeze. Birds were hovering (but not diving) within casting distance. I was very pumped. I fished my way south to the 8th Ave Jetty and got nothing! I tried poppers, swimming shad and even metal....all with a teaser. It was good just to be out though and I'll try it again tomorrow (if the weather cooperates) or next week. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:23 PM

I used to fish at the fishing pier next to the boat docks which is across the street from Dairy Queens and before the bridge. That pier is just too crowded whenever I go, so I stopped fishing there and people are unconsiderate that they don't care if they tangle your line and you can't bring in your 5-10 dollar rig. It just aggravates me, cause I'm a teenager and I don't have the money to buy new gear everyday, so I'm done with Belmar unless I go on a charter. Never tried across the bridge though. But my father caught a sea bass in a crab cage once it was quite funny and unexpected.