Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 11-16-2007, 02:59 PM

Talking almost loss the boat today

so me and my buddy marty decide to launch his 12 foot aluminun boat with a 10 horsepower engine off the surf in chadwick beach. winds kicking but it looks like it safe 100 yards or so off the beach. we catch 4 striper(22-24 inches) and some blues. seas are rough so we headed in after one hour of fishing, get in no problem, take engine off pull boat 15 feet up. i grab my poles off and he goes to get his truck which is parked at the dune fence. i'm untangling my poles in front of my truck and marty bsing with some fisherman when the guy tells him are boat is drifting away. its 15 yards off the beach, high tide, no way of getting it so my buddy grabs my lami surf pole, grabs a sinker, and on the second toss hooks it. i have a stradic 8000 with 50 lb powerpro, he pulls the boat in. the fisherman took some pictures and i'm hoping he's a member here so he can display them. i think powerpro, lamiglass or shimano should sponser us for are stupidity
Old 11-16-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: almost loss the boat today

i forgot to add that my buddy had his 3 plugging poles still on the boat, and all his lures. 1000 dollar worth of merchandise. some boater would of been happy seeing that abandoned at sea
Old 11-16-2007, 06:53 PM

good save, cant wait for pix
Old 11-16-2007, 07:07 PM
SS/Veteran

Typi cal Bennie's, you two should quit fishing or B.S.ing. I'm glade I was working today, otherwise my phone would have been ringing. First the story about fishing by the nuke plant and now this. You two should drop off all your tackle at my house so I can put it to good useI thought tommy l was bad, but this takes the cake!!!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 08:37 PM

lol the same thing happened to me but with my 18 ft lund 50 hp outboard, i also had a lot of valuable stuff in it bu instead of using a surf pole i swam out to it. worst day of my life i was cold and wet on halloween.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:32 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou f View Post
so me and my buddy marty decide to launch his 12 foot aluminun boat with a 10 horsepower engine off the surf in chadwick beach. winds kicking but it looks like it safe 100 yards or so off the beach. we catch 4 striper(22-24 inches) and some blues. seas are rough so we headed in after one hour of fishing, get in no problem, take engine off pull boat 15 feet up. i grab my poles off and he goes to get his truck which is parked at the dune fence. i'm untangling my poles in front of my truck and marty bsing with some fisherman when the guy tells him are boat is drifting away. its 15 yards off the beach, high tide, no way of getting it so my buddy grabs my lami surf pole, grabs a sinker, and on the second toss hooks it. i have a stradic 8000 with 50 lb powerpro, he pulls the boat in. the fisherman took some pictures and i'm hoping he's a member here so he can display them. i think powerpro, lamiglass or shimano should sponser us for are stupidity
Lou,
Sorry you had a bad day
I am glad you got the aluminun boat back in safe, glad you did not have to go in for it, man what a head ache I would have had dealing with that.
Wow Thank you Pal, for the quick thinking
Old 11-17-2007, 01:47 PM

wasn't a bad day, we caught fish. if we loss the boat, it would of been a reeeaaallllll bad day
Old 11-17-2007, 07:16 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou f View Post
wasn't a bad day, we caught fish. if we loss the boat, it would of been a reeeaaallllll bad day
So True,
I would have never thought of throwing a sinker at the boat, amazing how quick some can think in an emergency, I would have sat down and started to cry or with out thinking try to go after it ???.
I guess it's a woman thing !
Old 11-20-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppie View Post
So True,
I would have never thought of throwing a sinker at the boat, amazing how quick some can think in an emergency, I would have sat down and started to cry or with out thinking try to go after it ???.
I guess it's a woman thing !

Lol