Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 10-02-2016, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Sept. & Oct. Fishing Reports 2016

out front, nomoco this afternoon. Water was clean colored minus some debris, surf was relatively calm. Managed a nice fluke, ~22" or so. he mustve known the season was over
Old 10-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Senior Member Team SS

WTG Rod

vinny@stripersurf.com
Old 10-02-2016, 10:51 PM

out for about 3 hours this evening...water cleaned up although i was amazed how washed out the beaches were...tons of bait nothing on them...i get home and my buddy sends me a pic of a solid 29" bass he just got at a different spot...fish are around...sucks this weeks weather outlook is crap
Old 10-03-2016, 08:01 AM

Four days of wind and rain in Stone Harbor with unfishable surf most of the time...but the sun came out Sunday as I was getting in the car to come home and there were two weddings on the beach that day. I actually had a gentleman come down to the water on Saturday to tell me a wedding was going start in 10 minutes and I was right in line with all the pictures...I told him that I would sign a release if he didn't tell my agent and he laughed, so I moved on the down the beach and actually gave up completely before the wedding started about half an hour later
Old 10-03-2016, 10:25 AM

For a change I did some surf fishing on Sunday , 11am to 2 pm....I could not stay at home anymore so I decided to make a trip to SH and get some fresh air...it was overcast, low 60ties, almost no wind , still some surf with very clean water ...the bay was very calm ( very kayak-able) and I noticed an armada of party boast near bug light...note sure what they were after since the fluke season is over...tried everything on bay and ocean side but it was really quite...saw couple of nice fluke caught and some blues...the only excitement was a school of albies that came , stayed for 5- 10 minutes and then they were gone...a guy on the fly got one and two others on the metal...at least we know that they are still around..at the end it was a skunk for me...but the season is still early...looking forward to next time...hope that Matthew will not mess up things for next weekend
Old 10-03-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by computeruser View Post
For a change I did some surf fishing on Sunday , 11am to 2 pm....I could not stay at home anymore so I decided to make a trip to SH and get some fresh air...it was overcast, low 60ties, almost no wind , still some surf with very clean water ...the bay was very calm ( very kayak-able) and I noticed an armada of party boast near bug light...note sure what they were after since the fluke season is over...tried everything on bay and ocean side but it was really quite...saw couple of nice fluke caught and some blues...the only excitement was a school of albies that came , stayed for 5- 10 minutes and then they were gone...a guy on the fly got one and two others on the metal...at least we know that they are still around..at the end it was a skunk for me...but the season is still early...looking forward to next time...hope that Matthew will not mess up things for next weekend
I am hoping for the same but I don't think we are going to be lucky. Havent been out on the boat in 2 weeks and really want to try my luck at the bass. Like you, hoping that Matthew doesn't ruin things!
Old 10-03-2016, 08:08 PM

SH this evening to dusk. A whole lot of nada. Pluggers and bait had no action from what I saw. The water was somewhat calm and crystal clear. The water temp was quite different from late last week, but still warm. There was some tiny bait being chased after by small (still?) snapper. Lastly, there were broken clams everywhere. If that doesn't ring the dinner bell, I don't know what will.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:53 PM

Too bad you didn't have a mess of fish to clean..... Am sure that would have made so great wedding shots
Old 10-03-2016, 09:13 PM

Moco from 6-730. Nothing but water was gin clear. Saw lots of bait. Had a fluke or snapper shred my vision eel and that was that.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:40 PM

Nomoco 4P-730P: Out in the front the water was clean and clear with a slight east wind and gentle swell with knee to waist wavesl. Small swim bait up close to the lip, but very relaxed. Tried asking metal, bucktail, gibbs poppers and swimmers. No luck until I put on the purple mag darter on my way out and caught a short striped one in the wash just as the sun went down.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2016, 11:23 PM
SS/Veteran

BenGuardner picked a nice fluke-a-souros out of the suds today A week late
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2016, 07:58 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

great pic!

it seems the flounder know the season...doh!
Old 10-04-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayyaker View Post
BenGuardner picked a nice fluke-a-souros out of the suds today A week late
Way to go Ben. Good to see ya back at it
Old 10-04-2016, 10:16 AM

nice flattie ben! Didn't fish but the water outfront this am was looking mighty fishy, clean, rolling swells with plenty of white water. Wind was kicking but very fishable
Old 10-04-2016, 01:22 PM

Hey guys,

what time do you have to be out of Sandy Hook if you don't have the night pass?

planning to wet a line after work tomorrow.

thanks

ps...nice fish Dan. What did you get it on?