Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > The Frat House > The Fan Zone

The Fan Zone Discuss Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Soccer or whatever you think is a sport. NASCAR?

Old 12-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Publisher, StriperSurf

Default Plaxico Burress

What do you think?

IMHO this guy has been screwing up for the last few months, perhaps he has a personality disorder or some type of mental issues.

I was really disturbed that Mayor Bloomberg shot his mouth off already...
Quote:
"It would be an outrage if we don't prosecute to the fullest extent of the law."
On the hospital not filing a report:
Quote:
"It's a chargeable offense. The district attorney should certainly go after the management of this hospital," the mayor said.
Seeing Bloomberg on TV making those statements my first thought was "Must be nice to be a Billionaire and a Dictator."

Old 12-02-2008, 05:21 AM
Senior Fellow, Team SS 04/05/06/07/08 / Forum Member Watcher

Default Re: Plaxico Burress

Its all Bush's fault.

He definitely has some kind of disconnect upstairs, too bad. Seems he's more of a harm to himself then society.

Bloomberg is politicking for the next election...

If he is found guilty, that mandatory 3.5 sentence will end his career.

Have you clicked on the Google banner today? C'mon...you know you want to.

I'm not just a Fishermen, I'm the fishin magician!
^^^Unauthorized signature edit by grumpy old men.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:47 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Plax is making $4 million *guaranteed* this year, an additional $31M if he didn't screw up.

I also was disturbed that Mikey jumped in the mix, but given the direction of major sports figures the past few years, it was predictable that NYC would take a hard line.

These kids get pulled out of bad home situations and have too many $$s thrown in their face. Even though the teams are trying to protect these guys (for the sake of their franchise, not because of pure good will), it's tough. Frankly, I see the club scene as a major issue in our society, not just for pro athletes but for all of our young people. Add $$ to the mix and they are disasters waiting to happen.

I believe in the future you will see teams put conditions like the Giants did w.r.t. guaranteed money to protect themselves, as well as requiring mandatory security for their high profile players who travel in public...such security will do self-screening of the players for weapons. You will still have issues, but teams just can't afford too many pacman jones or plax burress's anymore.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:14 AM
SS/Veteran

It was reported that the gun was a 44cal. That's a BIG piece, what was he thinking bringing that to a night club, and more over, how the hell do you conceal that???

I think Burress is just stupid, and aside for a fade route in the red zone, he's un-necessary and a distraction to a team that is sailing smoothly. No need for waves.

I hope he's quaranteened from the team until his pt is done.

The O line is healthy and gelled, and there's 3 horses in the backfield, and a bull at TE; I hope they keep the ball on the ground and work the seam in the air. No need for Burress.

GO GIANTS!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Moderator, Team SS

should you really be going someplace you feel you need a gun at so you don't get your bling robbed?

At least the Giants did a good job with the new contract knowing he might do something stupid.
From Peter King:
Quote:
I think you can make book on Plaxico Burress playing elsewhere in 2009, assuming he's not in jail. (And that may not be the best assumption right now.) In fact, I expect the Giants to either de-activate him the rest of the season or place him on the non-football injury list for the rest of the year, effectively ending his career with the New York Giants. Amazing, amazing story.

Giants GM Jerry Reese negotiated a great contract to lock up Burress before the season, making it about as safe a deal as he could, with miniscule guarantees. The Giants can cut or trade Burress after the season and simply eliminate $23 million of the $27-million-in-new-money deal he signed with the Giants. In effect, as I said on NBC last night, when I examine the deal, I see the contract totally on the come. And the first big test of this contract will come on Dec. 10, when Burress is due $1 million from the original and only guaranteed money in the deal, the third installment of a $4.325-million signing bonus when he signed. Let me break down all of the non-guaranteed money in the Burress deal that makes it absolutely simple for the Giants to cut the cord with him after the season:

? Non-guaranteed base salaries: $11.5 million ($1 million in 2009, $3.5 million in 2010, $3.5 million in 2011, $3.5 million in 2012).

? Non-guaranteed one-time bonus to be paid early in the '09 off-season: $2 million.

? Non-guaranteed roster bonuses: $3.5 million ($500,000 in '09, $1 million in 2010, $1 million in 2011, $1 million in 2012).

? Non-guaranteed escalators, payable only on high performance: $5 million ($1.25 million in '09, '10, '11, '12.) He has not reached his escalators yet that would kick in for 2009.

? Non-guaranteed workout bonuses: $1.3 million ($325,000 in '09, '10, '11, '12).

Burress also has a clause in his contract that could come into play and cost him $400,000 this year. For every game he's ineligible to play in because of non-injury reasons, he doesn't earn a $100,000 per game roster bonus.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau
Old 12-02-2008, 04:22 PM
SS/Veteran

Ah yes...Plaxico Burress.....

So I am sitting at the dinner table at the Lincoln Welding School the day after the Super Bowl last year with some fellows with a strange accent giving themselves away as New Englanders.

....and we were eating in Hooter's...which showed THE CATCH....again and again and again and....

Then the one fellow says, "Plaxico...what the hell kinda name is Plaxico?"

So I chime in..."I believe it is from the Latin meaning....WE BEAT YOUR XXX!"

....I actually am still pretty good freinds with those guys!

However in light of being an overpaid and talented thug....it is time to send him on a "down and out pattern" permanently!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:59 PM
SS/Veteran

i read that in the paper today it was a .40 glock. even thought i dont like bloomberg ,i agree, hang him.but he is a sports star, he will get 2 hours community service.whoopy. i cant even think of taking my handguns into ny,for any reason, with out the risk of getting nailed.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Team SS 06,07,08

Another spoiled brat with too much money
Old 12-03-2008, 10:33 PM

Plaxico Brainless

or

Plaxico Quatro Quatro

The Pickens Plan

"Democratic civilization is the first in history to blame itself because another power is trying to destroy it" - Jean-Francois Revel

Steve

Old 12-04-2008, 02:19 PM
SS/Veteran

A Christmas Story
Attached Images