Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 09-25-2016, 04:24 AM
Senior Member Team SS

Default Re: Sept. & Oct. Fishing Reports 2016

WTG Nice pics

vinny@stripersurf.com
Old 09-25-2016, 01:18 PM

Out this am, mullet finally started to make an appearance this morning with the cold front that came in, water still felt like a bath. Landed 12 blues, most in the cocktail size with a couple gators in the mix. Finally landed my first keeper bass of the fall @ 29". All fish are still swimming and everything was caught on little neck swimmers. Have a feeling there was a lot more bass around just couldn't always get beneath the blues.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:28 PM

Thumbs up Re: Sept. & Oct. Fishing Reports 2016

Nice!
Old 09-25-2016, 01:40 PM
SS/Veteran

Got out this morning from 530 to 1030, picking threw the hickories and small blues did manage a doubleheader hickory on the teaser and fat Albert on the dick. I would like to thank all 20 guys lined on the beach that let me work the fish down the beach as I had the salmon rod with me. Dam, I love that rod.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2016, 01:44 PM

Thumbs up Re: Sept. & Oct. Fishing Reports 2016

Awesome! You guys are killin me! I'm going out in a few but thinking to avoid the rip with the crazy crowd there lately.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayyaker View Post
Got out this morning from 530 to 1030, picking threw the hickories and small blues did manage a doubleheader hickory on the teaser and fat Albert on the dick. I would like to thank all 20 guys lined on the beach that let me work the fish down the beach as I had the salmon rod with me. Dam, I love that rod.
Nice job. Sounds like fun
Old 09-25-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
was a couple of guys down from you. looked real fun on that light setup I struck out, still looking for my first. Had a couple of good shots at them just couldn't connect. Not for lack of trying....Way too many people out for my liking.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:30 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcal4404 View Post
was a couple of guys down from you. looked real fun on that light setup I struck out, still looking for my first. Had a couple of good shots at them just couldn't connect. Not for lack of trying....Way too many people out for my liking.
Likewise, not liking the crowd, but when you have a knowledgeable bunch of guys working together, things get done without much chaos.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Likewise, not liking the crowd, but when you have a knowledgeable bunch of guys working together, things get done without much chaos.
Nomoco: 12p-6P afternoon shift. Not as crowded as the Dawn Patrol!
Out front strong north wind on the incoming tide waist to occasional shoulder swell straight in t the sand, Choppy texture. Bounced a hammered spoon for flat one, so as to be ready if Albert showed his face. Many mullet schools and snappers that scared up the small spearing as they passed. No flat ones, but a large sundial, which indicates cooler water. Caught a large stargazer on the hammered spoon and then switched out to live lining mullet under the float rig ,but with no takers along a good stretch of sand. Saw two Alberts beached, but the action appeared to be out of casting range. When I left the wind calmed down.
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2016, 05:41 AM

Ended up going toward the crowd yesterday but thanks to Sunday football it wasn't too crazy. Moco 5-9pm. Small blues and shad in a 20 minute window just as the sun was about to disappear.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:01 AM

I did some kayaking on Sunday late morning and afternoon...SH bay...tons of boat taking advantage of the last fluke day...caught one short and one 19" keeper...very slow...switched to porgies and caught about dozen with 4 keepers around 12-14"...windy and kind of chilly ( had only short sleeves and pants) in the morning and beautiful in afternoon...encountered huge!!! amount of baitfish all over ...they were on the top on the bottom...probably peanut bunker, maybe mullet....nothing on them but small snappers ( caught half a dozen 4" snappers which harassed my gulp) ...water was 72F
Old 09-26-2016, 10:41 PM
SS/Veteran

Got out this afternoon, first cast, albie on Got it to the wash before it got unbuttoned , third cast, nice fish getting spooled, managed to get it in after 10 minutes. So, with albies all over, why did I catch a ray . Hickories to finish the day.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:59 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Rays lives matter, too!
Old 09-27-2016, 12:34 PM

I finally got out last Friday evening from 4-8. First time in a long time and it was awesome. Started with a bucktail, ended with metal. Found a few false albies breaking on bait far out. I got lucky and they came close enough to cast over them. Ended up with 2 and all a few cocktail blues in the wash. There was only a few other guys out next to me. A few families walking around. Great to be out.

Just want to say again, thanks for all the reports in here guys. Definitely appreciated and interesting. I havent gotten out too much these few years, the baby boy and now a new baby girl due on 10/10. I'm almost certain i will be preoccupied. Tight lines.
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2016, 07:15 PM

Late report but went out Monday morning, ocean flattened out and only small numbers of mullet, had a decent blue bite for about an hour landed 8 all big gators, but could find any bass. Hit up an inlet in search of albies but only found a huge school of mullet happily swimming in the wrong direction. Giving it a rest for a couple of days and catch up on some sleep.