Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 12-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Senior Fellow

Default Fall Review

well yesterday wrapped it up for me....unless.....but it was a great Fall; caught fish at the Hook, Sea Bright, Long Branch, Lavalette/Ortley, Seaside and IBSP; had several double figure fish days; biggest was a 20 lber at IBSP and an 15+ lb blue in Sea Bright; had my first real "nuclear blitz" with fish breaking all around on peanuts for several hours; caught fish on bucktails, SPs, metal lips, pencils, small metals and shads; new find was the stubby T-Hex which copies peanuts...got me my 20lber; one will always be in my bag; met up with several guys from the site on the beach.....all in all was terrific and now I look forward the reds and snooks in Fla and schoolies on the jetty in SJ in March; Happy Holidays to all and lets have a great 2017
Old 12-16-2016, 05:43 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Fall Review

I had a pretty good fall, numbers wise, but I put in a LOT of time and it included a LOT of skunks. Fished from Block Island to Montauk to a bunch of NJ beaches from SH to my home base. Only about 20% of fish were above keeper size but did manage one good 44" on a SS needle .
Don't think I'm done just yet weather permitting of course (ice on the bay today )
Old 12-16-2016, 06:20 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Fall Review

Like Don, I had a pretty good fall, not my best, but satisfying. Most of the bass were on Bt's and some popper fish. No sp or magdarter fish this fall I started tying my own teasers and caught a bunch on them, very satisfying. A total of 9 doubles on the bt or popper/teaser combo. Even caught fish on something I dreamed up, bt hair on a point Jude wobblehead My most memorable outings, a few albies and a Jack Cravelle on a Salmon rod, what a trip down the beach that was, and fishing with the killer B's, always a pleasure guys