Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:04 PM

Default Fish Report 11-05-2012 & 11-06-2012

The plan was to hit Cotuit around 9 am, arrived and on the water at 9:10. I don't think I was there 5 minutes when I saw some breaking fish and moved down the beach and I made a cast and two strips and fish on.

The picture of the birds on the water was over breaking fish but with the sun coming up it really just did not come out that great because of the glare. The fish were up and down and never stayed in one place for more than 2 minutes, If I wanted to act like some of those idiots I see running and gunning when they get on Albies, I could have sprinted up and down the beach and maybe suffered a massive coronary. I did the smart thing and stayed in one place and waited for the fish to come to me. It was like a Jimmy Buffet song, "Fins to the Left, Fins to the Right".

Sometimes the fins were in the right place, out front. In two hours I ended up with 20 fish and dropped a few and missed more than a few. It could have easily been a 40 fish morning. The wind was not that bad in the morning but while it was still a raw morning it was a good morning.

After lunch I moved to another location in Cotuit and found some more fish. While at the second spot I thought I should have checked the time of the tides because I could not get to the area I really wanted to work. The water was just to high. After my 6th fish, I decided to take a picture of it after I released it while it was swimming away. The weather was getting a little nastier and colder and with the impending forecast, I thought that could the last fish of the season , but it would not be for a lack of trying.

I moved back to my first location and tried for an hour and the wind was a lot stiffer and colder and decided it was time for coffee and called it a day, a Good Day.

Went back on the 6th because my friend wanted to fish today, It was cold and a more than a little breezy. No birds or fish at the first location and we moved to the second spot and I got 1 fish and that was it for the both of us. We then headed north to try an estuary that would be good with the NW wind. Everything looked good with the wind and the flow. Looks can be deceiving and they were no fish, just one bump. We both called it a day at 3:30 and headed home to vote.

I guess the fish swimming away was not the last fish of the season after all and I hope today was not the end of it, Sunday is looking good weather wise.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2012, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Fish Report 11-05-2012 & 11-06-2012

Great post. Keep them going. I'm really wanting to get out the beach and I can't. I'm sure there are hundreds of guys that feel the same as me.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:49 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

I'm really wanting to go up and fish with him. Heck, the people's republic of MA can't be worse than the moronic state of NJ

As to fishing, I can't even remember the last time I cast with a flyrod in sw, stripped twice and had a fish on
Old 11-07-2012, 01:30 PM

I am pretty much done before I started with the hurricane, clean up, noreaster...I'm shot after still 10 days of no power...finally got gas yesterday without waiting 2 hours...idiot Bozama gets another 4 years in the white house because of the "brownign" of America and the public refusing to educate themselves on any candidate they vote for..

not in the mood nor do I even care at the point
Old 11-07-2012, 08:58 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishingline View Post
I am pretty much done before I started with the hurricane, clean up, noreaster...I'm shot after still 10 days of no power...finally got gas yesterday without waiting 2 hours...idiot Bozama gets another 4 years in the white house because of the "brownign" of America and the public refusing to educate themselves on any candidate they vote for..

not in the mood nor do I even care at the point
I know,,can you believe this crap??!!

Another 4 years..what are people thinking??