Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 02-03-2020, 07:11 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Default Re: Is Trump Your President?

Let’s be clear about Trump, he loves to spin his own tales, exaggerate and “work” with the facts... but as far as I can tell, it’s always to tweak democrats and the media. He loves to see their heads explode when he tweets something.

But, in important areas he does things when politicians would only talk about it. The VA, negotiations with China, Europe, NAFTA, many other things.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:02 AM
SS/Veteran

Its not that Trump is so good; it is that the Dems are so bad. Initially Pelosi tried to stop the impeachment proceedings. But once she saw that was what her party wanted she went along. Going along is what politics is all about. The impeachment sets a horrible precedent. Now both parties will seek to impeachments to reverse elections.

Of course if the electorate is overwhelmingly in favor of a certain party, it won't be possible. Also, it will be interesting to see if that Maine Rep, Collins, who went against her party gets reelected.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:00 AM
Senior Fellow, SS/Platinum, SS/Insider, Team SS

Attached Images

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Education does not guarantee intelligence.

Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:39 AM
Senior Fellow, SS/Platinum, SS/Insider, Team SS

'Complete Disaster': Iowa Dems Blasted for Total Caucus Meltdown

https://www.westernjournal.com/compl...3oUjJOZtQkP_yU
Attached Images

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Education does not guarantee intelligence.

Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:24 AM
SS/Veteran

Distressing to see so much acrimony in Washington. The Dems have fostered it and now the nation has to witness it.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:28 PM
SS/Veteran

Former perp Van Jones has been stating this for a while in warning those on the Fake News Network that a big hammer job in coming to the democrat-progressive party, and realizes that the African-American base is leaving in droves to support POTUS. No surprise..>BLEXIT?.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-in-real-life/
617-755-3740
www.littlesister1.com
Old 02-06-2020, 03:15 PM
SS/Veteran

What did yuz think of Pelosi's ritualistic tearing up of the president's speech during his state of the union? Film of that will be used in the upcoming campaign. What bothers me most about contemporary politics is all the endless bashing and acrimony. Its scary that we live among such barbarians.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:58 PM

It was a disgrace. Pre-planned.

The democrats look like fools.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:56 PM
SS/Veteran

Remember I'm and old union man whose life was saved by unions and they are supported by the Democrats. That fact makes it particularly painful for me to go over to the other side of the isle. But the Dems want my guns; House speaker tears up the President's speech in an obviously planned ritual. I hate what Washington is becoming; it eats me up.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:28 PM
SS/Veteran

Yesterday we were unable to get our Boston Globe and ended up with the Boston Herald. What a difference! The Herald publishes an unbiased newspaper which is what the First Amendment is supposed to be. Refreshing, it was a little like Fox News being compared to CNN.

We are renewing our gun club memberships tomorrow and I plan to bring a whole bunch of sheets of paper and just stand there and rip them in half.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:09 AM

Hope you get your picture taken for the press. Make weird faces when you do it as well.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:48 PM
SS/Veteran

My wife asked me not to do it, not rip up the papers. She expressed concern that I might just be looking for trouble. Not all club members are conservatives and she does have a point. Why look for trouble?
Old 02-11-2020, 04:57 PM
SS/Veteran

"is Trump my president". Well, Trump is doing what he said he would do which is much more then previous have done. That said the others on the other side are scary to me pulling in way out directions that give me warning lights, much like blue lights in your rear view mirror. Anyone want to kill my vote? I am voting for Trump all the way.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:12 PM
SS/Veteran

Makes me wonder if we have evolved into a collection of Conservatives. Nobody who comes here is a Democrat. Is that because we are fishermen and fishermen tend to be outdoorsmen?

Hey, Rich, where you been? Haven't heard from you in a while. Jealous husband?
Old 02-13-2020, 03:06 PM
Senior Fellow

The "democrat" to which you refer may no longer exist Frank. Whatever they call themselves today the democrat that was our neighbor in the 50s,60s,70s .....until the 90s, just no longer exist. I remember when MSM lamented that the Republicans were hijacked by the Tea Party. I'm not so sure of that but I am sure that whomever hijacked the left has caused them to lose their collective minds.
The list is too long to enumerate but I think it is fair to say they have no leader, no platform, no candidate, no integrity and, as the party of infanticide, no morals. The party of no!
Trump is far out performing what anyone ever expected despite severe headwinds. I like him as a president but even more admire him as one tough SOB. He can't believe how dirty it is in DC and wants to get things done like a businessman. Now that he is cleaning house of all of the Obama plants he, at least, should be able to stop the leaks and subterfuge. This will help him after he is re-elected. The left is going to pull something out of their hats, or butts, this spring. They cannot go to war with the jackwagons that they are currently showcasing.

"You fish --- then you die --- or you don't fish and die anyway --- your choice"