Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 01-23-2003, 11:49 PM
SS/Insider

Does anyone fish the Ocracoke/ Nags Head region in late fall that could suggest a fisherman friendly place to stay for 2-3 guys? I have been there several times but always for summer rentals (family vacations) of houses and would like to find a less expensive and fishing only stay.

jfh3rph
Old 01-23-2003, 11:49 PM
SS/Insider

Does anyone fish the Ocracoke/ Nags Head region in late fall that could suggest a fisherman friendly place to stay for 2-3 guys? I have been there several times but always for summer rentals (family vacations) of houses and would like to find a less expensive and fishing only stay.

jfh3rph
Old 01-24-2003, 12:04 AM

why not just rent a house? it'll be more comfortable, and it's dirt cheap that time of year.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:05 AM
SS/Veteran

The Sea Oatel is very inexpensive after Thanksgiving. Probably not too bad in beginning of November either. They tell you that you don't need a reservation and can just show up at that time of year but then they try to charge you more when you show up. If you go there tie down price ahead of time. It is in the south part of Nags Head and it is a Holiday Inn.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:35 PM
Custom Aluminum Surf Products

Yes; I would reccomend that you look into staying at the Avon cottages in Avon on the island just north of the point at Buxton. That seems to be where all the action is at that time of the year! Ockracoke Island is an island all to itself and has to be accessed by ferry. And Nags Head is more resort than going on out onto the Outer Banks itself. I lived in Chesapeake, Va for thirty years and fished the Outer Banks many, many times! Would be glad to answer any questions you might have! Good luck! Tight lines and see ya on the beach!
Old 01-25-2003, 09:41 AM

Just about anyplace that is open is fisherman friendly that time of year. The house are rented to just get someone in very cheap. Probably depends on where you want to fish and what you need.

Digger
Old 01-25-2003, 12:55 PM
SS/Veteran

The Sea Oatel is right at the north entrance to the National Park and is a short distance to Oregon Inlet which is a good place to be fishing in November. It is right next to Jeanette's pier and in the past right in front of the motel has been one of the good spots to fish. In November Nags Head is not hopping with beach goers. I wouldn't preclude going further south but Oregon Inlet is a place to consider.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:15 PM
SS/Platinum

Hmmm, Nags head to Ocracoke is a lot of realestate. i'd choose Oregon Inlet to Hatteras Inlet. Best place for price and free fishing advise is Drumdum's place. he post on this board occasionally.

Drumdums Board

Room for 3 or 4 is around $ 45 nitely. Couple of places in Avon that is more centrally located or Buxton. Shoot me an email and I give you more details.

American by birth....
Southerner by Choice.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:38 AM
John M

Oct into nov.....thats hawg drum time I would think abotu stayign in avon. that way you have easy acess to the north beaches as well as the point. Stripers will show here and there in early november but dont count on them until mid november.

Light house view in Buxton is nice, I stayed there a couple times. Someone mentioned Drum dums place, i stayed there last week....great place its in frisco abotu 5 miles south of buxton.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:02 PM

I need a place near Buxton that allows a dog. Durant Station used to let you bring a dog off season but no more.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:40 PM

www.fishmojo.com then on to the links for lodging!
Old 01-29-2003, 11:31 AM

OINC - Harbor Inn, right on Silver Lake. Can't beat it. Dock across the road to tie up your boat.