Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 05-06-2006, 09:51 PM

Default plum island

has anything starting at plum island....i know around this time of year it starts to get busy with weakies and big blues??? any info please share
Old 05-06-2006, 10:38 PM

Default Re: plum island

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbj21
has anything starting at plum island....i know around this time of year it starts to get busy with weakies and big blues??? any info please share

this was posted in the nj section but strangely enough i have been wondering the same thing. seeing all the reports of action down in nj (where i fished for the past several years) has me wanting to see some action up here in ma. i am headed out to plum island to check it out and get my bearings.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:54 PM
SS/Veteran

I think it was in the Jersey forum because there is also a Plum Island there. (I think)
We are getting schoolies up here, but I never saw any weekfish this far up.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:28 PM

yeah i was up at PI today for my first time and was throwing some poppers and caught my first striper of the season. rather small but still a striper! caught it on incoming low, go figure.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:23 PM

yeah, stripers are in up in the mass PI! keepers should be there any day now, if not already. This northeast blow we are having is going to clog up the front side though, so don't get too excited.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:53 PM

My friend and I are planning to go on the marathon cod trip out of Plum Island on Memorial Day. Have the stripers been up this far yet? We were thinking about spending Sunday night on the beach before getting on the boat at 5 in the morning.

I don't know PI too well. Where should we go this weekend. What tactics work well out there.